Nitrate problem

i would get rid of everything but the chempure. the polishing pad is ok but it traps crap so it would need to be cleaned often.. for example on the nitrates yours are 40 so doing a 5 gallon water change which is about 7% water change so you will drop the nitrates by 2.8ppm doing 15 gal is about 20% so you will drop the nitrates by 8. it not a lot but with bigger water changes and getting rid of the filter media. feeding less than you already do ged rid of pellets or flake food.(they usually make your phophates and nitrates go up) use only frozen mysis shrimp.

the tunze i had no knowledge of and the aqua c my father inlaw had and he hated it. if i were you i would move the tank out from the wall a bit

i would get rid of everything but the chempure. the polishing pad is ok but it traps crap so it would need to be cleaned often.. for example on the nitrates yours are 40 so doing a 5 gallon water change which is about 7% water change so you will drop the nitrates by 2.8ppm doing 15 gal is about 20% so you will drop the nitrates by 8. it not a lot but with bigger water changes and getting rid of the filter media. feeding less than you already do ged rid of pellets or flake food.(they usually make your phophates and nitrates go up) use only frozen mysis shrimp.

Would you add another compartment of chemi pure and fill the rest of the compartments with filter fiber? Or would you just fill the rest of the compartments with filter fiber and leave the one compartment for the chemi pure?

i would just use the recomeded amount of chempure for your tank and leave all the other compartments empty if it was my setup. a little bit of fiber will help to keep crap out of the water but will need to be changes often

i would just use the recomeded amount of chempure for your tank and leave all the other compartments empty if it was my setup. a little bit of fiber will help to keep crap out of the water but will need to be changes often

Ok will do that when I clean my filter next.

another option is to build your own cabinet. if you had a sump you could also put cheto in there and it will grow and help lower the nitrates

another option is to build your own cabinet. if you had a sump you could also put cheto in there and it will grow and help lower the nitrates

Part of the reason for buying this tank was because of the unique tank and cabinet. I think I am going to either build my own sump or have one custom made if I can't find one that will fit my dimensions.

a little bit but not a whole lot. my father inlaw built my stand for me. im not very good at building stands. there is pics of my stand on my 75 build thread in the beginning pages

a little bit but not a whole lot. my father inlaw built my stand for me. im not very good at building stands. there is pics of my stand on my 75 build thread in the beginning pages

Will look.

What do I need to build my own sump?
Can I just go to Home Depot and have them cut glass to my dimensions and seal them with marine safe silicone?

yea u can use a bucket if needed. the biggest thing you need besides silicone is some kind of framework to hold the glass together along with the silicone.

Back