NOOB Algae Question

It says on the back of the container how long the ChemiPure lasts. You should do 10 to 20% water changes weekly. If you don't want to do them that often, then you could do 20% water changes every other week.

On the back of Chemipure,its says it last 4-6 months under normal conditions.(like whateverever that means).I use it 2 weeks on and two weeks off,replacing at 4 months.

For a 30g.,weekly will be your best bet.Like Biff said,10-20% weekly should be good.

i like weekly water changes. if you get in the habit of doing it on a scheduled time it makes it easier to remember and do. otherwise it gets too spread out and it seems to be less often, which is not good for your algae problem

-Doc

ah how easy it would be to go back to water changes on a 30 gallon. I hink some of you on here feel my pain when when our water changes are more volume than the size of a 30 gallon tank!

yeah if i had a tank that big I would think it would get neglected on the water changes... That is one to many 5 gallon bucket trips

A 10% water change for my tank is 30 gallons. Since I set it up in September, I've only done two water changes. They're just too big for me to handle.

will be no bucket packing for me! the biggest hassel for me I think is going to be the actual draining of the tank water.

i met a guy once who swore he did not do a water change for a year with his fuge, additives, and cleaning crew. He insisted that they were not necessary. I just plain like doing them. I think they erase a lot of tiny mistakes made during the week.

-Doc

So there is still very little improvement in the tank and I was wondering would it be worth it to put all the fish and live rock into a 10 gallon tank while I start the 30 gallon tank over again cleaned, new filters and good r/o water?

That all depends on the size and type of fish you got.Also keep in mind that the parameters in a 10gal will swing a whole lot more than in your 30.

don't move your fish. if you do, there is a chance you will stress out your fish and they will get sick. leave them be in the 30 and work to improve water quality there, rather than try to start over again. chances are you will lose all your current livestock. You still have a good chance to get things cleaned up.

-Doc

Well I took the chance a put the fish in the 10 gallon tank and everything worked smoothly. With everyone on this site help I set the 30 gallon up the correct way this time and everything has been running great now for a few days.

From this
IMGP1478.jpg

To this
1-8-2008-162.jpg

1-8-2008-166.jpg

wow talk about a completely drastic make over lol

drop some Algone in ur tank/filter to help with any algae that might happen again.

Back