not digging the new lights.....):

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I got my UV lighting T5 bulbs today.....and I am not liking them much at all. I picked up two Actinic White and two Super Actinic. The Supers are nice when on alone, they really make the corals pop nicely.....the actinic whites have a pinkish hue that I really don't care for, I wanted a crisp white light. To top it off, I have alot of softies, so everything is really freakin pink....oh well, rant over

So why not exchange them out with something you do like?

I have two UV Aquasun which also has a slight pink hue(less than the Actinic white).I like them better than crisp white daylights which makes everything too washed out.The UV bulbs,especially there daylights have very good PAR.

I mail ordered them, so I'm gonna have to order some more. I actually played around alot and found out it's the actinics (UV) that were causing the pink. Right now I have the two UV actinic whites with my two original Nova Actinics, and it looks good. The only thing I noticed is that my corals popped alot more with the UV actinics. SO......I'm thinking I actually need new actinics, but with less purple and more blue?

I mail ordered them, so I'm gonna have to order some more. I actually played around alot and found out it's the actinics (UV) that were causing the pink. Right now I have the two UV actinic whites with my two original Nova Actinics, and it looks good. The only thing I noticed is that my corals popped alot more with the UV actinics. SO......I'm thinking I actually need new actinics, but with less purple and more blue?

Two true actinic 420nm like the UV Super Actinic is too much purple,I agree.Try using only one UV Super Actinic with one of Nova's blue bulb or get an ATI blue plus instead of the Nova bulbs.

Man, I love the pop of the 420nm, but it seems like most think they are too purple. Maybe I like them so much because I am running 2 x 250 watt 10K halides and it evens them out nicely.

Back