not having luck at all

No. It's your respondibility to understand what you're buying. And the lfs does't tell you to flush fish down the toilet. If you went to a dealership and bought a honda civic and broke it because you thought it would be good for offroading is that the dealerships fault or your fault?

hahaha my LFS took him in, so no worries. However I have been keeping an eye on the clownfish, he is still eating and swimming around like normal, but his one fin isnt working as well as the other, it is laying at his side and every now and then he flaps it...man i am sad.

Clowns are tough little s.o.b.s he'll compensate for it if it doesn't heal 100%...so he'll swim a little funny. We've all got our damaged fish. I like a fish with a couple battle scars. :D

No. It's your respondibility to understand what you're buying. And the lfs does't tell you to flush fish down the toilet. If you went to a dealership and bought a honda civic and broke it because you thought it would be good for offroading is that the dealerships fault or your fault?

I dont feel that this is a fair comparison. A damsel doesnt cost 25K.

Direct quote from Liveaquaria.

"But what pleases aquarists most is that the Yellowtail Damsel is less aggressive and does not need as large of an aquarium as other Damsels."

"
Native to the reefs of the Indo-Pacific, this member of the Pomacentridae family prefers multiple hiding places and peaceful tankmates.(clown fish arent peaceful right?!) Though most Yellowtail Damselfish will ignore other fish, invertebrates, or corals, some may be territorial towards its own kind or similar-sized fish.(the clown fish were twice his size) The Yellowtail Damsel is best kept in small groups of odd numbered fish in suitably sized systems. "

Don't sit there and assume i didnt know what i was buying. NOWHERE in the desciption does it say it MAY kill any tank mates. IMHO they use "semi-aggressive" lightly. They are very aggressive fish and should only be kept with other aggressive fish. This is being blown wayyyy outa proportion just like i thought it would. I find it funny that Kevin can't put this into perspective from someone elses point of view. I feel like i'm beating a dead horse here. Nothing is going to be said to change your mind..

The car analogy is because you said we should blame the lfs's. My point is that you can't count on the lfs always being reliable for information or for even telling you that you shouldn't buy something if you ask to buy it. In my experience a lot of times they do double check to make sure you know the risks before hand, but they are not a public service to you. They are there to make money and if you tell them you want to buy a TERRITORIAL fish such as a damsel then they will sell it to you. The reason I asked if you would flush a clown is because everybody says clown fish are community fish which they are at first, but I have a pair of them that are so aggresive now because they are just doing what fish do, which is protecting their territory, that they bite my hand when I put it in the tank. That doesn't make them 'mean' fish and doesn't give make their lives any less valuable. Although fish are beautiful, it doesn't make them pieces of art you can throw out when you don't want them anymore.

I'll drop it. Sorry Dana. Didnt mean to pollute your thread. We've all made bad choices in this hobby, the sucessful people are the ones that make the least bad decisions. BTW, your tank looks great.

Direct quote from Liveaquaria.

"But what pleases aquarists most is that the Yellowtail Damsel is less aggressive and does not need as large of an aquarium as other Damsels."

"
Native to the reefs of the Indo-Pacific, this member of the Pomacentridae family prefers multiple hiding places and peaceful tankmates.(clown fish arent peaceful right?!) Though most Yellowtail Damselfish will ignore other fish, invertebrates, or corals, some may be territorial towards its own kind or similar-sized fish.(the clown fish were twice his size) The Yellowtail Damsel is best kept in small groups of odd numbered fish in suitably sized systems. "

Don't sit there and assume i didnt know what i was buying. NOWHERE in the desciption does it say it MAY kill any tank mates. IMHO they use "semi-aggressive" lightly. They are very aggressive fish and should only be kept with other aggressive fish. This is being blown wayyyy outa proportion just like i thought it would. I find it funny that Kevin can't put this into perspective from someone elses point of view. I feel like i'm beating a dead horse here. Nothing is going to be said to change your mind..

ok so you tried to research it and you were let down. I don't blame you for that. But just because a website gave you bad information it still doesn't mean it's perfectly fine to flush it.

The car analogy is because you said we should blame the lfs's. My point is that you can't count on the lfs always being reliable for information or for even telling you that you shouldn't buy something if you ask to buy it. In my experience a lot of times they do double check to make sure you know the risks before hand, but they are not a public service to you. They are there to make money and if you tell them you want to buy a TERRITORIAL fish such as a damsel then they will sell it to you. The reason I asked if you would flush a clown is because everybody says clown fish are community fish which they are at first, but I have a pair of them that are so aggresive now because they are just doing what fish do, which is protecting their territory, that they bite my hand when I put it in the tank. That doesn't make them 'mean' fish and doesn't give make their lives any less valuable. Although fish are beautiful, it doesn't make them pieces of art you can throw out when you don't want them anymore.

Would it be any different if I ate it instead of flushing it? Also, it is a resposibility of an LFS to advise you on your choices.

No, it wouldn't be different. And it's a car sales persons responsibility to advise you on your choice of vehicle but it doesn't mean they are honest with you. And they are making a hell of a lot more money than a fish store. So that makes it your responsibility to know what you're buying by doing as much research as possible from more than 1 resource and if you still happen to be given bad information and make the wrong choice in buying something than it shouldn't be killed because of you're mistake. You should either return it to the store or sell it or give it to someone else with a tank.

ROFL before i start getting upset and saying things i WONT regret im going to stop looking at this thread. BigH it wasnt even my thread. k bye.

BigH thanks for the compliment....it would be ALOT nicer if my damsel (RIP) didnt kill my very nice and very expensive Black clowns.

Im not mad, it was a friendly disagreement. We are all friends on here. Funny thing is, ive been ban from RC for such conversations. Im all good on my end, you?

Oh lol. Well I guess that's understandable. I know everyone gets pissed off in an argument or debate or whatever but I think it's good to have stuff like that for people to read so you can see both sides and form your own opinion on it. I'm glad we never got as far as unrepeatable things though lol.

Back