Nova Extreme Pro

Just ordered my new fixture :bounce::bounce::bounce: YaY! dancing bananas for me! it's my late christmas present from my wife. and my one year old birthday present to my tank :mrgreen: now it's time to wait on the stinking shipping. the next week is gonna kill me. anyone up for a road trip to wisconsin? we'll head foster and smith off before they have a chance to ship it.

Congrats on new light can't wait to get one myself, great buying new stuff isn't it, i'm tearing down my 125 gallon to install new hardwood floors than setting it back up with a new stand and sump just order all plumbing got a 55 gallon sump to build and ordered a mag 18 return pump with a new octopus extreme nw 150 skimmer.

this is the one i just got for my new setup. one of the lights got broken during shipping and they sent me a new one no questions asked. it should get here friday or monday

yote, hopefully within seven business days like foster and smith states. I just ordered today. so hopefully by next wednesday or thursday.

biff, there will be plenty of pics to come. it's been a while since I have posted any pictures of my tank. so it's time for some updates.

pheeshes, how has this fixture worked for you? do you have you're tank set up yet?

my friend got these lights today, at fosters and smith on sale for 340$. I heard all the hype on the forums and recommended them. They dont have true individual reflectors, but it is better than my regular nova extreme fixture, plus its got 6 bulbs. Really bright but really blueish for some reason. I'm not sure why it looks so blue, but it almost has the hue of 14k MH's ive seen on tanks. It has the 3 10k's and the 3 460nm's just like mine only mine has 2 of each bulb. But mine appears to be a crisp white light but the colors still pop. Maybe it has something to do with his water column being pretty cloudy yet, we just went and dismantled this 75 gallon drilled tank with a sump and 100 lbs of live rock and the works 4 hours away on tuesday morning and got it all set up, still working on it a little bit. Ill try and post some pics, maybe start a build thread and include some pics of the new lights. Man I want those lights though... Use them on my tank until I upgrade to a bigger one.

hmm. i've heard the color of the factory bulbs were a bit drab. but, if it's got a 14k look to it I should be happy. I may just swap out one bulb with a 420 actinic to try to bring the colors out a little more. dammit! the anxiety is killing me. I wish it were tuesday.

waiting is the hard part, i waited 2 months from back order on my aquactinics lights, now i think i have adhd from waiting so long

I'm not sure about the really blue look. I kinda like the way mine looks where it is pure white light but its still got that blueish tint that pops the colors, my friends tank looks really blue even with all the bulbs on. It could be that his tank is cloudy the last time i saw it yet. Congrats on the lights, i would die waiting for those lights, I was excited to get them on my friends tank!

the lights came in today!!!:bounce: these things are bright as heck. their definatly a big uprgrade from the 265 watt pc's that I was running. the reflectors look better than they do on the internet, the only problem is the blue bulbs do kinda suck. I will be upgrading them the first chance I get. I'll try to post some before and after pics tommorrow. the season premier of american idle hindered that from happening tonite.

here is a before and after shot. my photography skills suck. I could not get a picture of the new lights without getting that stupid glare.

before
0273.JPG

after
0016.JPG

the bulbs are not as blue as the picture makes them out to be. still, much bluer than my old lights. but, a little more washed out than I would like for it to be. I will probaly add one 420nm actinic first, in place of one blue bulb. the colors just don't pop as much as I would like.

I didn't notice just how bad my old bulbs had gotten until hooking up this new fixture. the daylights were extremely yellow. that would explain the outbreak of green and brown cyano in the last month. amazingly, after a day and a half with new lights, the cyano is allmost gone! maybe it will help with the hair algae on my "problem" rock too.

Congrats again.
It seems pictures come out bluer than they appear for some odd reason wuith the fixture.Now lets see some clams and sps corals.

if you look very closely in the center of the tank, you will see my first sps frag. it's a 1" hydnophora that my lfs gave me about a month ago. the first of many, many more to come. (with caution of the proximity of the hynophora, or course)

softies have become pretty boring to me. not all of them, but most. i'm keeping my zoa's, yellow polyps, g.s.p. (I love G.S.P. no matter what anyone else thinks :) ) I have allready gotten rid of my leathers and 3/4 of the xenia. that crap is like a weed. lps is still cool, but you just can't cram you're tank full of them like you can with sps, without them stinging each other to death

My friends does look very blue to me, its got the same ratio and bulbs my nova extreme fixture has, just 1 more of each and the IRs. I really love the fixture, I'd pick one up tomorrow at forster and smith on my run up there, but I'm not sure if i want to go with a 120 or 125 gallon tank in a few months... I'm afraid that by the time I get my tank the lights will be back at their original price and i'll be out of luck... I really LOVE the fixture for the price, congrats. Wish I could make up my mind and decide if i should get one or not. Right now its between a drilled 90, 120, or a 125. But i'm not sure if i want to go with a long tank and expensive fixtures/stands and such...

do most t5 bulbs have a "burn in" period before the colors are correct? I have noticed a tremendous difference in the appearance of the tank after the lights were on for a couple days. either that or my eyes finally adusted to them :)

Back