Nova Extreme Pro

I'll be interested to hear more about this...I bought the 36" Nova Extreme Pro...love this light, it runs SO cool and SO quiet!...I think the only "bitch" that I have about it is that you can't be too flexible with the timing of the bulbs...only two AC plugs, one controls 4 tubes the other controls 2...I'm currently just manually turning them on when I get home since I'm just cycling my tank now

What lighting cycle do you run with yours?

actinics come on at 12:00 pm (only the first two bulbs) daylights come on at 2:00 pm. daylights off at 9:00 pm and actinics off at 10:00 pm. 10 hours total

I'm using the regular nova extreme fixture, 2 cords, 4 bulbs. actinics come on for me at 12:00 noon and go off at midnight, day lights come on at 1:30 and go off at 10:30. I ran them a lot less when i first started my tank and had horrible algae problems, but upped it when it cleared up.

I'm using the regular nova extreme fixture, 2 cords, 4 bulbs. actinics come on for me at 12:00 noon and go off at midnight, day lights come on at 1:30 and go off at 10:30. I ran them a lot less when i first started my tank and had horrible algae problems, but upped it when it cleared up.
So you had a bad algae problem...what did you do that cleared it up?

I cut the lights back quite a bit, that didnt help reverse the problem on its own. I got a small algae blenny and he cleared the tank up in less than a week. He doesnt do glass so much, but all the rocks were covered in hair algae and he dominated those!

Back