Now my lights...

Ive been contemplating on changing fixtures. From 4 bulbs to 6 or change to LED....i keep thinking i kinda wanna stay with T5's because, if i ever wanna change the color up a little i can. So now...the question is what fixture....ive searched around a little and really kinda narrowed it down to these two. Im def open to anymore suggestions!! Even if its LED...I need to really upgrade if i want to get some real growth. What would u do?

Current Nova Extreme PRO 36" T5HO Light 234 Watts - eBay (item 140495084608 end time Feb-26-11 18:59:46 PST)

^^Thats damn near 400 smackers, no LED moonlights =(

CoralVue 6 Bulb T5/LED Fixture 36" , 7 high power 1 watt LEDs, hanging kit, & legs - AquaCave

^^Thats got 7, LED moonlights and is only 300 dollars....

I NEED MOONLIGHTS! lol If i did go with the NOVA then id def have to buy like a LED stunner strip which is another 120 or whatever...idk im open to suggestions.

I just want to be done with dumping a ton of cash into the tank. I want to sit back relax, do a water change here and there and not have to think, oh this could be better...It never ends i know but u understand ;)

Thanks for Replying! 470 is pushing me twards LEDs...idk....if I had money to blow LEDs for sure...ona budget...I'm totally thinkin the nova is over priced

I was looking at led's but think i am going to wait till the price comes down. $300-$600 a light and a 4ft tank would need 4 of them also would like it to be one fixture. The sunbrite led system looks good but very prices

Dana42078;447913 I just want to be done with dumping a ton of cash into the tank. [/QUOTE said:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's the funniest shit I've ever heard.:D

Out of two fixtures you listed,I like the Coralvue the best.

Just a thought.You would only need one 100w/3G unit for a 36'' long tank.Scroll to the bottom to see a 36'' tank lit with one of these units.The 100w/3G unit is $300 so the same as the Coralvue.

LED Aquarium Lighting | Evolution LED Lights

Question is...can I have a canopy holding that fixture up? Another...? That doesn't seem like enough light? I emailed them about 2 months ago and they said to buy the 200w fixture...that's like 500...freak u know I wanna do LEDs...I jus don't wanna buy a fixture that might not work out. Is the 100w 3G enough for sps?

What did they say about using the 100w/3G over a 46 gallon?Did they think your tank was too deep for the 100w?

You can mount them in a canopy but the fans are on the top.You would need to put some kind of spacers so the fans aren't directly against the wood.

I didn't ask them. I asked him what one they would recommend they said the 2g fixture....to be honest. Not worth it IMO. I'd rather pay a couple more hundred and get a diff brand that has more features. Those fixtures are pretty basic when it comes to LEDs. No violet lights, do dimmer... Doesn't even come with separate cords for blues and whites....I sent then an email to see if they made 14k fixtures or is it strictly 20k....I'm not home but when I do I'll show u the other brand I'm looking at.

Here is the thread i was reading up on,

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1817995&highlight=led

Im not exactly sure which one i would need for my 46g bowfront. But i was looking at this one.

Aquarium Specialty

Theres better vids out there i just dont feel like searching right now. The bulbs are interchangeable, which is a BIG plus IMO. 600 sounds reasonable/affordable...trying to expand my options. I know SOL makes a GREAT light also but i would need 2 of those fixtures and it would run me 1,100. Thats not in my budget right now. 600 is doable.

Tell me what ya guys think plz. If you find any new info on them it would help.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wavspmaskw]YouTube - MaxSpec LED Lighting[/ame]

Thanks freak. I do believe I skimmed over that, but toally didn't read it all. I think I've made my mind up....ima go with the Maxspect fixture....takin the dive into LEDs...should be ordered by the middle of march or maybe earlier...soon as I get my taxes ;)

The AI fixture no doubt is number 2 or 3 led fixture on the market. 1 being DIY...2 being something that starts with a V I forget...I know the price tag tho... :0

Does anyone on LR have LEDs?

Im going with the G2 160

Last edited:
Gah, the longer i wait the more i change my mind....I want full contol....Might just do two AI units......FML.....what a decision!

Back