Oh, sigh. Snail death(s)

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
One of my turbo snails (I think it's a turbo snail) died :( This one kept falling and I kept having to flip him. The last time he fell 2 days ago, I saw him squirming to get back up, so I flipped him, and left him there. He had a bumblebee snail attached to him. The next day (yesterday), he was still there, along with the bumblebee snail! I checked him again tonight, and they haven't moved. I picked him out, and he had this trail of brown stuff coming out. I put the bumblebee snail on one of the rocks to see if he moves. So far, I *think* he's moved, but it might just be the current.

Should I be worried if two snails died around the same time? Ammonia and nitrites are 0ppm, nitrates are around 15ppm (I'm doing a routine water change tomorrow). Everyone else seems fine, including the 2 clowns.

On a lighter note, my clowns have learned my habit of feeding them in the same corner LOL everytime they see me, they swim there. I need to change it up!

Some snail deaths are inevitable. Especially in new tanks. Sorry about your losses. I wouldn't bother removing the dead bodies unless the turbo snail was really big.

Yeah I removed the turbo, and yanked him out and tossed the shell back in LOL It was a big guy. The bumblebee snail's fine, as far as I can tell. I guess I'm so paranoid about any deaths in my tank cuz I'm still new to the hobby. I want to know why, how, whodunnit LOL

Back