ok so i have the water ready, now what

I use Kent Marine, Oceanic or Seachem salt. Like others have said, API salt is for freshwater setups, not reef or saltwater setups. Petco won't carry any saltwater equipment or supplies that are worth anything, so you'll likely have to order your stuff online. Which usually ends up being cheaper than buying from a store anyways.

definitly get things online rather than in the store. I am amazed at how much cheaper it is. I would only get a product from petco or petsmart if it was an emergency or you wanted to look at some of their products as a reference.

Our Pet Smart has started carrying saltwater supplies. I'll pick stuff up from them if they have it. A lot of the times the buffers and stuff like that are cheaper.

My petco sells 5 gallons of saltwater for $11.99:shock::shock::shock:...Probably the most outrageous thing I have seen since I can get it at my LFS for around 80 cents a gallon. Petco puts their water in what looks like a big plastic bag which to me looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Both the pet smarts in Chattanooga carry a lot of the Kent saltwater products.They just dont have fish or live rock.

petco by me carries saltwater fish and a little inverts. they also started to carry a bit of liverock. I have to disagree that petco is a crap. Not all of them is. the one by me (even though I don't buy livestock from them, lots of LFS around me within 15 mins drive) has a guy who maintains the fish are and is a reefer himself and knows a lot about saltwater. just my 2 cents.

Back