Old lady learning new tricks.... :)

Test kits for phosphates are not very accurate and it's not worth testing for, IMO. A good indicator of phosphates is algae in your tank. If you have algae, you most likely have a phosphate and/or nitrate problem.

Fresh green beans--sweet ptoato casserole, mashed taters (hahaha), deviled eggs.....uh-- and I'm sure a whole host of other veggies I don't know about.....

JMO But there aint but one thing that can beat a good sweet tater casserole,and thats a fresh home made sweet tater pie.:D

JMO But there aint but one thing that can beat a good sweet tater casserole,and thats a fresh home made sweet tater pie.:D

Myself--don't like the "orange" stuff...pumpkin, sweet potatoes...etc. But the family likes it--it is one of my mom's recipes.....she passed away in 1992 and that is my way of having her with us again :Cheers:

..........Also get some flow going.I'd add at least 3 more powerheads.Or you could add 2 of the higher flow pumps,something like the koralia #4s.Water flow is the life of your tank.It keeps the waste in suspension long enough for the skimmer to remove it.It also helps with gas exchange.
QUOTE]

I was by the fish store Friday--was looking at some power heads but my hub and fish store lady insisted all I would need was the "Koralia nana--flow rate=425 gph". (I already had the maxiflo 1200)

Bought the thing (kinda cheap) and put it in the tank...seems kinda 'wimpy' to me.

Do I need something stronger?? (I think I know the answer :D)
~debi~

For a 55 gallon tank? Yes, that powerhead is not the right fit. I'd take the nano powerhead back. A nano tank is a small tank -- like 10 gallons or less. For a 55 gallon tank, you want at least 2 powerheads, and two of the MaxiJet 1200s would be perfect.

Back