Orange poop?

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
My sick chromis is now pooping orange colored poop. I know this isn't normal, but does anyone know why its orange? I can't believe this thing is still alive, the entire area between the pectoral fin, gill, and side to bottom of his head is totally black and looks fuzzy at this point.

Yup, still eating; hiding in the rocks more and hanging out in different areas that typical, but the little bugger just keeps hanging in there. Was hoping the orange poo might be a tip off as to what is wrong with the little guy. So strange!

I feel bad for my healthy little one - he keeps checking out the rocks where the other one is hanging out, like "what's wrong, come out and play?!" He's going to be lonely when the guy finally goes to the big aquarium in the sky.

I think I finally have a singleton in my tank - no sign of the sick guy today and the singleton is acting more skittish and nervous than I've seen before. Poor Maki, all alone in a giant tank.

Thanks, Hannah - it was inevitable I'm afraid. He was pretty bad off yesterday and I never saw him today so he must have made his way to the big aquarium in the sky - which in some ways I am glad as I think he was really struggling - he could no longer use one of his pectoral fins due to the growth/infection, and I'm not sure he was able to use the gill on that side of his body either :( Poor little guy. Such a strange illness, I never did figure out what it was. I'm going to hope that my last little one doesn't get sick from the stress of being all alone. He's fought it this long, but since I don't know what the sickness was I have no idea if it will spread to the last guy now that it doesn't have the others to attack anymore. If the remaining one stays healthy through the weekend, then as soon as I have my sump running I'll be adding a tail spot blenny to keep him company. The good news in all of this is that LA credited me for the lost fish, and part of my snail order never shipped, so I have a free shipping credit just waiting for that tail spot blenny :)

Back