Ordered Everything but the Kitchen Sink!

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
I placed my *big* equipment order tonight (literally everything but the lights)! Thank you everyone for the feedback on all of the various brands, etc. After much internal debate, research, and opinion-seeking, I went with the Spectrapure MaxCap RO/DI, a Reef Octopus protein skimmer, a nice titanium heater with external control unit and external probe, a nice top-off set-up, 2 Koralia Evo 1400 pumps + a 750 pump all to be set up on a wavemaker device that will separately control 3 pumps, Seachem testing supplies and salt mix, a refractometer, and a few other little goodies! My credit card is seriously hurting now! Still have to order my AI Sol lights, but am going to wait until next month or so - besides I've still got to cure my rock, cycle my tank, etc. - it's gonna be at least a month before I put any coral in it, or else they'll just have to deal with my T8 flourescents in the meantime! Now its on to planning my CUC and stocking list! So excited :^:

You will love the AI Sols. I have one and I'm getting my second on Friday. They are great and create virtually no heat. Quick word of advice, if you can hang them above your tank, do that. I have to mount mine under my very short hood and I can tell they aren't giving as much coverage as they could if they were hanging about 12" from the top of the tank. sounds like you are getting a pretty awesome setup! What size tank? Pics?

Casey

Back