Our next fish?

JMO but dwarf angels are awsome. I added a coral beuaty to my 30L along with my two black clown and lawn mower blenny and I think everything was great.

Yeah I did read that, but it gives the exact same description for the flame as well. I'd rather take the word of you guys anyways

While your at live aquaria,look at the reef safe wrasses.Usually any of the reef safe ones that grow 4''-5'' max will be okay in your tank.Flashers and fairy wrasses are really pretty fishes.

let me help you clear up any confusion on my part:

Bicolor angels are NIGHTMARES!!! They EAT corals more than the Koran and Blue angels I have. Avoid them like a cheap Haitian hooker.

Flame, Coral Beauty, and Potters angels are your best bet for "reef safe" angels.

Fairy and Flasher wrasses are great additions.

Bartlett's Anthias will do OK in your tank. Fathead Anthias will fit better in a set of three in your tank

-Doc

OK, we took a look at the lfs today, and found we liked the coral beauty most. Funny cause the flame looked cooler on the net. Anyways, we like the coral beauty, we liked the royal gramma, the wrasses and even a canary blenny. Looks like we have more than enough to choose from.

Question, why are the damsels so frowned upon? Our lfs had one in his display tank that was a really deep blue and yellow. Said it wasn't very common, but looked really cool.....

Damsels are extremely territorial and aggressive. They have no problem killing other fish and corals that come into their territory. I have a blue damsel that has killed every fish I've added that was smaller than him. I also witnessed him rip to shreds a mushroom that I put in his territory.

Some of them are mellow, some aren't. Like all fish, it can be hit or miss. But if you get a damsel, more often than not, it will be aggressive. The dominos, striped and blue devils are the most aggressive, in my experience, whereas the yellow tails, chromis and yellow belly damsels aren't nearly as bad.

I have alot to choose from anyways, 46G apparantly doesn't hold alot of fish......lol

I figure the two clowns, a coral beauty, royal gramma, and maybe one more?

I think our next will be the coral beauty, and then we'll decide from there. I'm really anxious for a pair of blood shrimp too

I'm wondering how long to wait though, you said in the past they need good water parameters. Mine haven't changed since the cycle. My nitrites, nitrates, ammonia all at 0. ph 8.2, Calcium 460 ish, alk 12ish. I haven't added any fish since the clowns, probably why nothing changes

Back