Overstocked Biocube?

BigBen14

Reefing newb
Well I think my tank has become to full...

Stock:

2 Ocellaris Clownfish, Tank Bred

3 Chromis( In my defense I ordered 1(one) through liveaquria and looked in the bag to find 3!

1 Midas Blenny

1 Blue Sapphire Damsel

1 Pajama Cardnial Fish( I didnt get this on purpose my sister bought it and her fish bullied him to near death...

Do I need to get rid of some?

Or can I just up my water changed to care for them?

Well, I'm no expert in tank stocking, but if your levels are fine, and if everyone seems healthy, maybe it should be ok...just keep up with the maintenance.

ltljoker had posted all the tangs he had in his huge tank, and at first it sounded like it was a full tank, but when we saw a video, everyone seemed happy and had plenty of room to swim :D

Now don't go sticking any tangs in your tank now! LOL!! How's the damsel behaving?

Hes a hider lol he will chase one out of his cave every now and then. But the king is the Black Clown or the Midas Now( hes a fairly new add on)

But my levels seem good and they seem happy swimmers lol

Even if they are fine now, it's possible as they grow there will be problems. Then the stress begins and possably an ich outbreak occurs. I would recommend reducing the bioload now.

I have a BC 29 and YES you are over-stocked but if your trates are low and your corals are happy --then you're good. BUT no more fish!

the worst that can happen is you move some chromis out! you are overstocked, it does come down tohow they are when they grow though. but davidis right. taking them out now is the best option imo

in my opinion, yes lol definitly over stocked, without routine water channges nitrates and ammonia could easily build up quickly

I wanna see pics! Must be a mad house. :mrgreen:

But to stay OT I agree with what the others said. I have a 29G Biocube with 3 fish atm and am considering maybe just getting 1 more in the future.

Back