Ozonizers?

Namor

Reefing newb
Was at my local lfs today and had a guy who does tank maintenance in the area telling me I should look into them. Anyone know a good brand to begin researching, or can anyone tell me if they are better than UV sterilizers (which he kind of scoffed at by saying they don't stay effective).

i would avoid all of that. if you have issues keeping your tank the way most of us do it then look into other things, but there is no need to get "gadget happy" and next thing you know you have all this stuff you dont really know what to do with and its worse than it was before. just keep it simple and stick with the basic important stuff. if you are good about it you will have no problems. if you just cant do it for some reason then by all means look for an alternative

Ozone isn't effective against parasites or pathogens and can be dangerous. Its primary use seems to be in keeping ORP in range and keeping the water very clear.

Lol, whats up Sarah. I finally got around to joining this cool site, I think it will be good to learn from all these nice people.

Ozone can improve water clarity when used right. It does have positive effects. Plenty of articles about it. I personally use it...not expecting it to cure disease...but to clarify the water...and raise my orp.

Back