Packs 200 Gallon

Pack

Reefing newb
Just thought I would start off here by telling/showing a little bit about my system. The main display is a 200 gallon, (84"X24"X24"), with a 55 gallon acrylic sump, and a 20 gallon long fuge. Has about a 2" sand base, with 250lbs of rock in tank, with another 100 pounds of rock in sump, lighting is 3 250W halides, with 4 54W T5's, an ASM G4+ skimmer, and a Little Giant return pump. Flow is created by modded MJ's running through a JBJ wave maker. I built the stand myself, and wanted to do it in a way in which the fuge was displayed as a secondary tank, which will eventually house either a pair of dwarf seahorses or a mantis (I have still yet to decide, but most likely the sea horses). When there is more macros I get my hands on, it will take the form of a marine "planted tank" that will also offer a variety of natural hitches.
Well, enough of the techno babble. On to the eye candy!

FTS:

023-3.jpg

-FISH-

Mandarin Dragonette:

017-6.jpg

Starry Blenny:

002-22.jpg

Firefish:

005-17.jpg

Mated False Perc pair:

011-6.jpg

Hippo tang. Her tail got a little knick during the tank transfer, she is fine though:

012-10.jpg

Yellow tailed damsel:

017-3.jpg

I also have a good mix of corals (softies, LPS and SPS) with a couple of Maxima clams and the usual inverts I will try to get up soon.

I really liked the way you built your stand so it could show of you refugium:bowdown:. It looks awsome:Cheers:. wish i woulda thought of somthing like that:frustrat:

Thats a great looking tank I love the rock work.

I did something similar with my 850 only I have species tanks and don't display my refug.

nice setup, that hippo has a lot of black on his face which is different. how long has it been set up? how is your mandarin doing? what does your equipment list look like

Thanks everyone!
I did get some more macros in yesterday, some ulva, halimedia, shaving brush, and mermaids fan. I have some more on the wish list as well. But everything comes a little slower here, as the nearest LFS's are a 250 mile round tripper, so its road trips or internet only for me.

Updated fuge shot:
012-11.jpg

Some coral shots:

Torch:
006-15.jpg

Birdsnest:
021-5.jpg

Monti:
024-5.jpg

Kenya
026-2.jpg

Acros:
010-9.jpg

008-11.jpg

Purple fussion plays:
015-3.jpg

Green birdsnest:
001-7.jpg

poci:
009-5.jpg

clams:
013-4.jpg

015-2.jpg

Blue zoos:
024-2.jpg

You have a beautiful setup and i think its awesome that you display your fuge. I wish i would have thought of something like that. Great corals too. Keep us posted on any new stuff you get.

dang pack! that is one amazing looking setup!!! I only wish that one day i will be able to have something like that! the rockwork looks great and i love the displayed fuge! :D

Thanks guys!
I did get in two new additions, a copperband butterfly and a second cleaner shrimp.

005-18.jpg

064.jpg

Tomorrow I should have in a long nosed butterfly and a school of blue/green chromis as well.

Isnt the Copper Banded Butterfly a "non-reef" safe fish?

Just curious... Im still trying to figure out and learn all the exceptions to the "Reef Safe / Not Reef Safe" rules...

or is this one of those "Dont know til you put him in there" deals?

AWESOME looking setup

Isnt the Copper Banded Butterfly a "non-reef" safe fish?

Just curious... Im still trying to figure out and learn all the exceptions to the "Reef Safe / Not Reef Safe" rules...

or is this one of those "Dont know til you put him in there" deals?

AWESOME looking setup

This is the second one I have kept, and I never had a problem with either. Typically, they will not touch corals. They will, however, decimate fan/tube worms, so if you have any nice ornamental worms that is something to keep in mind. This one also for the first few days nipped at the "snorkels" of nassarius snails thinking they were worms. Seems to have stopped now that it has figured out they're not.
I would take a copper band or long nosed WELL before putting in a dwarf angel like a coral beauty or flame. I have had to remove 3 dwarf angels for absolutely shredding corals.

This is the second one I have kept, and I never had a problem with either. Typically, they will not touch corals. They will, however, decimate fan/tube worms, so if you have any nice ornamental worms that is something to keep in mind. This one also for the first few days nipped at the "snorkels" of nassarius snails thinking they were worms. Seems to have stopped now that it has figured out they're not.
I would take a copper band or long nosed WELL before putting in a dwarf angel like a coral beauty or flame. I have had to remove 3 dwarf angels for absolutely shredding corals.

Awesome man... Do u introduce them young? I want one! How big do they get?

Back