Parrot's 150 Long

I have all the palys and zoas, as far as I know. All of them have been growing and spreading a lot.

I haven't taken tank photos in months! I've really gotten into a slump with my tank. It's a cycle of laziness that I'm having a very hard time getting out of.

In order to help combat my laziness I think I am going to have to build d2mini's automatic water change system into my tank. That will be a project I want to get on in the coming weeks.

Here's a question for you guys - I know that to throttle back the pump you can use a valve on the output side. I've seen some, however, where the water diverted from the valve goes back in the sump so it doesn't wear on the pump shortening its lifespan. Where would the valve be? On the side going back to the sump or the side going to the tank? Or both? I'm thinking it'd be on the side going to the sump, so that as you open it, more flow goes to the sump and less to the DT?

I have all the palys and zoas, as far as I know. All of them have been growing and spreading a lot.

I haven't taken tank photos in months! I've really gotten into a slump with my tank. It's a cycle of laziness that I'm having a very hard time getting out of.

In order to help combat my laziness I think I am going to have to build d2mini's automatic water change system into my tank. That will be a project I want to get on in the coming weeks.

Cool, glad they're doing well. I'd love updated pics. :shock:

My water change system isn't going to be completely automated - what I plan is to have a switch on the control panel to control the in pump and another to control the out - so I'll switch one on til the sump drains, then fill it with another. I don't trust the 24/7 constant change as much.

The pumps are going to be in the basement, but I want the switch to be upstairs - I guess I'll run some sort of relay down to the basement so I don't need extension cords going all the way up to under the tank for the switch - anyone know any relays like what I'm talking about? Pretty much the relay lead needs to end in a plug I can plug into my DJ power strips.

Last edited:
Ordered my tank, here's the diagram from Miracles!

Attachments

• tankdiagram.jpg
    tankdiagram.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 292
I almost never cleaned mine... I have so many people ask where I got the "cool star background". It was just the spirorbid worms...

Yah, I just am not a fan of how the corraline looks on the back wall...especially since I plan on having a lot of open space to see it with..

Back