Penguin Filters?

A piece of junk huh? I guess the general rule of thumb is you get what you pay for. I think my game plan here is going to be to get the filter for now, since the first month or two will be the cycling process and then only a few fish. Then after my tank is cycled and I start adding more fish, I'll get that Prizm you mentioned. I can run both right? Filter and skimmer? Speaking of which , would that Vsi skimmer still be a piece of junk if it was run in conjunction with the filter? Why does all this have to be so expensive. sigh. :(

Do not waste your money on the Vsi skimmer. Why don't you just set up your tank with a filter and start the cycle process. If you want it to cycle faster just add some shrimp (the ones you buy in the store to eat not live ones) to it. You'll need to get the test kit though. This way you could save up to get a skimmer and use the filter for a quaratine tank. This way you don't waste money. If you could afford some LR that would work also. Seeing your limited on funds think really hard before you spend. Also if you plan on upgrading later take that into consideration also.

Go ahead and set it up with the filter.When you have enough money saved then get the Prizm or the Coralife SS.I prefer the Coralife but the prizm should be okay on a 29g. too.Good luck,have fun and be patient.

Back