Peppermint Shrimp or Camel Back?

snyderju

Reefing newb
Just as the title says. We got our first 2 corals today (purple mushroom, and a green star polyp. After placing them in the tank what I once thought was a peaceful peppermint shrimp went right for the green star polyp. It looked as if he was picking at it... Possibly trying to eat? We have him trapped in cup right now and we took a few pics. We took pictures of the mouth and back as they are the most distinguishing features I read online. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,422
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,370
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 900
Thank you for the speedy response! Are both of those pics camel backs? He looks like the bottom guy to me.

Last edited:
Regardless the bastard is getting brought back to the store. He went right for it. Thankfully the polyps are starting to open up now. And thankfully Ashley was so awesome and trapping it under a glass :) Not worth losing our cute little corals!

I agree, it looks like a peppermint to me too. I had one in my tank that ate an entire acan frag on me.

yep not keeping him lol. Some of the polyps are opening now he was in the tank maybe pestering it for 2 minutes before we got him contained. Do you think he could have damaged it beyond repair in that short time?

That is reassuring thank you :) It's our first ones! I will post pics on my tank thread soon! Also finally got that chaeto algae for the fuge.

Back