Pet Co Fish

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
Anything against them?

I know that they are poorly kept, but their prices are lower, and if you get a healthy one?

They have a 15 day guarantee also, wouldn't a unhealthy one die before then?

Thanks!

I've seen way to many sick fish at PetCo to even think about buying from them.
Theres a big risk there of introducing all kinds of diseses into your tank.

hawks got a tang from petco..... and his entire system got velvet. translation destroyed system. I will never buy from petco

The only fish I've ever had that got ich was from Petco. And it didn't survive the ich. I've gotten a couple other fish from there that didn't even survive the quarantine period.

I got my clowns from there, but I asked to get fish from a tank where the water wasnt circulating through the tank with the maroon clowns that 4/5 of them had rotten fins. They are still doing fine after a month and a half amazingly. I stopped in there on another occasion when there was a kid with a 55 gallon aquarium asking the lady to get him a blue hippo tang that was about 2 inches long, I asked him what size tank and let him know that the fish will be a foot long before he knows it... the lady that was working said "oh 55 gallons is pretty big" lol. But then she proceeded to try catching the fish and tipped a rock over on it and killed it. completely crushed the poor little guy. The kid that wanted it was like "I think you just crushed it" she pulls it out and is like "I think he has ick, you probably dont want this one, hes swimming upside down..." GOD! not going back there, even though that leaves me with 1 single pet store to buy fish from within a 1 hour drive.

I was at a Petco once, and the sales associate in the aquatics department was telling a customer that they would be able to acclimate a yellow tang to their freshwater tank, if they really wanted to buy it.

I asked the high schooler who was their saltwater “expert” if that Anemone has any light requirements and he said you will need to get two florescent lights to successfully keep an anemone. He said Anemones don’t require too much light. And another time, I saw a goldfish swimming with a blue tang (the dory kind). The goldfish was in the saltwater…

I knew then along with seeing dead fish in their tanks that Petco will never be an option for me again.

Back