PETCO is selling corals

Some Petcos do, others do not. I used to get all my stuff from Petco and online before I moved. I haven't bought anything since then but the local petco is not well cared for so I doubt I will be buying anything from them. They have coral under PC lights. No clue what they're doing and it's dirty.

The old one I went to was clean and fantastic, though.

The saltwater hobby is not as common as freshwater. So I guess it's hard to find people who know about saltwater tanks.

That frag tank's gross. The one near me is actually pretty clean.

The purple deaths are not easy to find.

Purple Death Palythoa Polyps (Aquacultured A&M Aquatics) at PETCO

1528637C.jpg

These look great! I have been looking for some vibrant Zoas to add to the ones i currently have. I live in Houston so I assume at least one of the 15 stores near me would carry them right?

These look great! I have been looking for some vibrant Zoas to add to the ones i currently have. I live in Houston so I assume at least one of the 15 stores near me would carry them right?

LOL, you would think. City Pets seems to have the standard ones. Haven't seen much zoas at TnT. Forget Aquarium World and Fish Gallery. You really need to check out the smaller shops like FJW and 3CC for good zoas me thinks. And don't forget about the buy/sell forums on MARSH. I've seen some high end zoas being fragged and sold there.

LOL, you would think. City Pets seems to have the standard ones. Haven't seen much zoas at TnT. Forget Aquarium World and Fish Gallery. You really need to check out the smaller shops like FJW and 3CC for good zoas me thinks. And don't forget about the buy/sell forums on MARSH. I've seen some high end zoas being fragged and sold there.

Yeah I got my current Zoas from FJW, he also got a new shipment this past monday. The new shipment has some really nice colors but most are 2-3 colors mixed on a rock (which isn't bad). Only issue is about 1/3 of the Zoas on the new rocks were closed and I asked him if he thought they might open up or if they might die, he said he wasn't sure. I will go back tomorrow and see. I have never been to 3CC and will have to check City Pets again.

my petco is very hit and miss, last time i went in, it looked like half the fish had ich, their coral section is always 100% nicer than the fish section. what's worse is that when you let them know they have a problem, they dont do anything about it, and these guys make you sign a notice saying you'll care for you pets if you buy anything other than fish

Back