Phastrohs 220 Gallon Build - Pic Heavy

Re: New Pix of my stuff.

Are you talking about the 2 montipora's? I was wondering what cup coral you were talking about.

Got a Question for ya! So i see you have a Flame Angel. How does it do with your corals?? I really want one to put in my tank as soon as its done cycling and up and running a few months. That is one thing I really want is a Flame. I have just read bad things about them nipping at corals? Any advice or opinions

Just check a few post above this.

Basically it nips at a lot of stuff but I have never see it chomping on coral per say.

At times I have found my Candy Canes with a rough look but they always come back so if it is the Flame it isn't eating much.

I have Zoas that never disappear although I wouldn't care.

I feed a small piece of Seaweed 1 or 2 times a day if I am home and one frozen cube.

FISH I HAVE
1 - Hippo Tang
1 - Lieutenant Tang
1 - Yellow Tang
1 - Naso Tang
1 - Royal Gramma
1 - 6 Line Wrasse
2 Paired Clowns
1 - Fox Face
1 - Flame Angel
1 - Coral Beauty
4 - Cardinals (2 spotted, 2 Kauderns)

I will probably only add a few others if any at all. With all the corals and only these fish the water seems to be awesome most of the time if not all.

Most days I don't even feed them till 8:30 at night. They are fine as far a s I can see. In the morning they are all asleep when I leave.

My lights do not come on till 2PM so the tank is half asleep till then. The rom is dark or not that lit up till it comes on. I thought about starting the light earlier but I like them on late because I am up late.
Here is my lighting schedule as it is now.

2PM-12PM - T5 6 Actinic 2 10K
3PM-10PM - MH 3x150
12PM-1:30M - 6 LED'S BLUE

I was gonna switch to this but I was not too sure if this is too long. I figured in the wild the sun is on average shinning 12 hours a day with 10 hours being pretty bright maybe less.

12PM-12AM - T5's
1PM-11PM - MH
12AM-2AM - LEDs

CORALS I HAVE

2 - Acros
1 - Pocillopora
2 - Brains
1 - Large Aussie Worm Brain
1 - Large Frog Spawn
1 - Torch
1 - Large colony of Candy Canes broke into 3 parts
1 - Large Plate
2 - Montipora
1 - Hammer(small)
2 - Bubbles(large Bubble and Small Bubbles)
1 - Doughnut Coral
1 - Small Frog Spawn
2 - Ricordea
Various Mushrooms
2 - Zoa Colonies - Others randomly on rocks here and there.

The rock that has the 2 Montiporas on it has some Palys on the back side. I saw a grouping and some large singles but I have yet to really look at it. It is too far away to just stick my arm in a grab but I plan to CAREFULLY remove one of the Montiporas so they are not both in the same spot. It will be near impossible because of how one is glued to the rock and they are like the most fragile things ever. I already have a frag now because one cracked during shipping in my car.

It still looks ok plus the pieces are so big actually if you can tell in the photo I can have 3 growing now and I am going to get a green one.

Last edited:

When I wrote it nips at stuff I forgot to mention that I did not mean it nips at the corals. I have seen it maybe once in a great while even near the corals.

All fish are different but just make sure you feed it. You can see my feeding schedule and so far no issues.

Video of my tank

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1O_PhaK8gM"]220 Gallon Reef Tank - YouTube[/ame]

I made this and it is uncut and not edited and was not made with a tripod. I made it for quality testing. Pardon the at times headache giving stability. Of course if edited you would not see that. One day... one day...

Just thought I would share it with you all for now.

I plan to make one using my tripod with music and after I scrape my glass down better and clean the glass and so on. The back glass can only be cleaned so much because it is to hard to get to and no fully taken over by calcium yet.

Any question on why a coral is where it is or anything like that just ask before you comment. For example the plate was on the sand but I wanted to get it a bit closer to the light for a while to see if it will have influence the color any better. This way I can evaluate the lighting some more. The Acros tips are purple and can be seen in the video, the whole coral was brown and is very very slowly coloring up.

Ok enjoy I hope.

Last edited:
iPhone 4s Tank Video

Here is a video I took using my iPhone 4S

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SCA_rRKbOU]220 gallon reef - YouTube[/ame]

Re: iPhone 4s Tank Video

NIce. How does your Flame ANgel do with your coral??
That is the one fish I gotta have, Im just worried about it nipping my coral

NIce. How does your Flame ANgel do with your coral??
That is the one fish I gotta have, Im just worried about it nipping my coral

Don't you remember I told you a few weeks ago on another thread that it was fine with the corals.

Just search and read it but not that I can't tell you again right here, I just wanted to let you know.

It has never been an issue with my fish and corals. Has it nipped...yes but nothing has been killed by it.

I have a small Paly with 2 polyp vanish but I can't remember if I had the fish at that time.

I am sure if you keep the tank fed and all you will not have an issue. I have 2 large colonies of Candy Canes and not one has shown damage from a fish.

I do not know if they prefer any certain coral or what.

I say get it but all fish are different. I would guess it is safer than having a Trigger but many people have those as well and do not suffer coral damage. I guess they eat when they are under fed.

I knew it would sound bad but it is no problem at all. I was not trying to complain about telling you again at all.

NO Biggie, I am just trying to look for best interest in the fish and my tank. I knew I had asked a few people just didn't remember who.
No hard feelings

Well I just saw my Coral Beauty and Flame fighting for a sec after no fighting for months. Just a little thing but I did notice my Hippo chasing the Coral Beauty a few times lately.

I think it is because I may not feed them enough and they have to eat off the rocks.

I mean they get seaweed at 5-6PM and a cube with Cyclop-eeze at 8PM and maybe seaweed again at 10PM.

I can't feed them any earlier because I am not home. On the weekends I may feed them at 3PM seaweed if I am there because the lights come on at 2PM.

iPhone 4s Test #2

I made a new thread for my second test and will probably post a real video for my next one finally.

You can see my new green and purple brain I got today for only $50 and it is pretty big but was on sale.

Check out this video on YouTube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7bD8uvf5so&feature=youtube_gdata_player]iPhone 4s reef video test 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone

Re: iPhone 4s Test #2

Tank is looking great, and your fish look really healthy too!!

But, can you please create a build thread to keep all of these videos and pictures on, instead of creating multiple threads

Back