Photo Class Homework

Last attempts at my photo homework before tonight's class! *L*

Studies002precrop.jpg

100_4436.jpg

makingmischiefprecrop.jpg

makingmischiefpostcrop.jpg

shroomsprecrop.jpg

shroomspostcrop.jpg

Is this more on track with the assignement Catherine? Thanks for all your feedback so far!

Alexander, AG, what do you think about my feedback? I'm not the voice of god here. The feedback is to get you to think about what you've done and how it can be better. Am I wrong? Wouldn't be the first time so tell me! Did I help you see something you might have done better? Conversation is necessary to help get these points across. I don't know if I'm leading you into a good direction unless you give me feedback on your feedback.

Catherine
sorry its been a really busy week here. Some of it does make sense and Ill try a couple of your suggestions and post them before class tonight. I will not be able to with some of the shots because of the way they were taken. some are the original shots without crop that are in the grid... and cropping them would make them more centered, does that make sense?

Week 2 home work
The Grid

These are some pictures that I took a few years ago on out trip to mexico and one of our bunny
Ariving at the airport
karen.jpg

karen_cropped.jpg

My wife sitting on a ledge
sitting.jpg

sitting_cropped.jpg

Our bunny Lilly
lilly_centered.jpg

lilly_cropped.jpg

Unfortunantly, I probably wont be at class tonight since my we have a Drs appointment at 6 and then we will be going out to dinner since Karen has to go right from work. So if notes could be posted somewhere, that would be aprecieated very much.

Attention all Photo Class Participants:

We will be moving class tonight. Please go to the website: Home Click on Chat and attempt to enter the chatroom BEFORE class time! If you can not get in, post a note here and we will move class back to the LR chatroom if necessary.

Please excuse the awful mess on the website, I'm working on the page and I'm really awful at web design. Unfortunately, I don't have a talented brother to make my sites for me! ;)

You will need your book tonight!

Catherine

I tried it, and got in with this user name and password. I'll try and post my homework here in a while, been super busy and not home over the weekend.

tanked, you need javascript to run the chat room. If you can get into the LR chat you should have it. I'll look for you in the LR chat.

C

I tried to save the chat but it wouldn't let me. Tonight was an important one so let's set up a make-up class for those of you that missed. What's good for you? Thursday evening looks good for me.

Catherine

Alright, I took my camera outside today (just before it started to snow). I found my lines in the landscape.

I liked this shot because it seems like a passage under the trees onto the frozen pond. The trees on the far bank bring you back into the scene. Hard to say, since I took the picture myself. :mrgreen:

lines001.jpg

I liked this one because the lines of the bridge follow the curve of the ridge behind it. I also like the very faint path leading you under the bridge. I don't think this one is very successful in leading the viewer around the image.

lines002.jpg

The clouds cleared just enough to capture this one. The snow covered pond is a nice empty space to help offset the "busy" trees on the far right bank. The line of the opposite bank leads the viewer to the upper left of the shot, with the mountain bringing the eyes back up to the right upper quadrant, and those trees bring you back to the beginning. These again are my own assessments. :^:

lines004.jpg

This last one ended up being my favorite! In my opinion, I think it comes the closest to the goals of the assignment. The path leads you between the rock walls while the tree line brings you right back. Hopefully, I got this one right! *LOL*

lines003.jpg

AG, these are awesome shots! I want you to hang on to them and when we get to shape you've already got your homework done! In these pictures, you have large shapes leading the eyes around the picture. Your analysis of the first shot was perfect but again, the large flat ice, the mountains, those say shape to me. You do have some nice organic lines in the trees but because they are grouped together they read as a single shape. Stick your camera in those trees and focus on creating a linear composition!

Catherine

PHOTO CLASS PARTICIPANTS

The information we covered on Tuesday night was very important! We are scheduling a make-up class possibly tonight at 8:00 central time? If you are planning on attending please RSVP. If you want to participate but can't make it tonight then please suggest a time that would be good for you.

Catherine

Back