Photos suck need help.

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
Here is an example of what Im trying to overcome. Anyhelp with a point and shoot would be extremely helpful.

100_1433.jpg

100_1432.jpg

I would love to get a decent shot of this echino/chalice.

Can you turn the auto focus off? If you can, use a manual focus! If not, back up to take the shot, then crop it in a photo editor to make it fill the frame.

Catherine

Also, you might want to turn your date off. You're not using a flash are you? If you are, turn it off!

Catherine

If you can't turn off your flash, make a GoBo to help. Are you shooting at an angle through a bow front tank? Post more photos of your next attempt!!! Looks like it will be cool.

Catherine

I am indeed using a flash, no manual focus, shooting at an angle through 1/2" glass. Just figured out how to turn date off, thats gone too. It was under actinics and looks like crap through the camera, when the halides are on I alway turn the flash off. Its really just a POS camera, good for family shots and the like but sucks hide teat for reefing. Ima have to snag my moms better camera for a while until I can get a DSLR.

Picasso what is a good camera that I can buy and be able to use my old Minolta SLR lenses? I have thousands of dollars worth that just sit in a bag due to never using 35mm anymore. Ive also got a Nikon FM10 collecting dust. Too bad too both cameras took specatular shots.

I can turn it off. The halides were off and the shots with no flash were washed out with blue way too much so the flash went on.

I'm on my iPhone but it looks like you might be having the same focus problem that I've been having.... can't focus through the glass at an angle. Some kind of optics issue.

This is as good as I can get Picasso. They look crisp on my camera then get pixelated here let me see if I can resize this one and get it too look decent.

Back