Picking a skimmer and pump

PringlesLFE

Mmm...Salty.
Im planning out my 55 gallon fowlr w/ a 20long sump.
Lookinh at the Eheim 1250 right now. Read a lot of good things about it anf noticed a bunch of you guys hav it as well. Any other pumps around $100 worth looking at? Im counting pennies here lol

skimmer: is the aqua c remora hob significantly better than the coralife super needle wheel 65? If not, ill save ~60 and get to spend that on livestock.

Also, are the rio800 and maxijet1200 garbage? If not, ill get the remora with one of those instead of thd eheim.

Thanks in advance

Nice. Almost forgot about them. Ive heard good things. Im lookin for 300-550 gph roughly. Purely bc of cost. Otherwise id look for ~1000gph just in case i decide to turn it into a reef.

Thanks for the links Pwny, I'm gonna go hunt for a Quiet One pump.
Also scratch the coralife, I've never used a sump before on my nanos and I don't want to risk any potential user-issues just to save a couple of bucks.

I used a Coralife Super Skimmer for a year. It kept my tank super clean but flooded my wall and carpet on a weekly basis. I upgraded to a Reef Octopus skimmer and I LOVE IT!!

Interesting interesting. I had just set my mind on a reef octo nwb-110 but this algae scrubber idea i had completely forgotten existed.. Gonna research

Back