Planning ahead - stocking 125

Just dreaming of what fish I will add to my 125.

Fish I have already:

1 Chromis
1 Royal Gramma
2 Black&White Clowns
1 Bangaii Cardinal

Fish I'm thinking about:

Foxface Rabbitfish
Two-spot Bristletooth Tang
Purple Firefish (2?)
Chalk Bass (is it okay with the RG?)
A peaceful, reef-safe wrasse

Any thoughts, opinions would be great :mrgreen:

I haven't really heard of this before, I don't know a lot about wrasses - so you can have several females together? The same species or can you mix them? Do they swim together? I think the bluehead fairy wrasse looks cool.

You can have the same species of wrasse just make sure to have one male and multiple females. They'll swim in a herum and make your tank ultra super cool.

You can also just put in several females, the most dominate one will become the male. I think you can mix species, but I would talk to BL1 about how to mix them.

So this is my list so far. I want mostly peaceful fish, so I don't think there's any particular stocking order I should go with - anyone recommend any fish added before or after other fish? My clowns picked on my firefish (till he died :() while I had them in a 30 gallon quarantine, but I think in the 125 they'll be fine, don't you think?

Currently have:
1 Chromis
1 Royal Gramma
2 Black&White Clowns
1 Bangaii Cardinal

Planned:
1 Foxface Rabbitfish
1 Two-spot Bristletooth Tang
1 Purple Firefish (or 2?)
1 Chalk Bass (is it okay with the RG?)
1 Exquisite Fairy Wrasse or Scott's Fairy Wrasse

The Scott's fairy wrasses are pretty aggressive ( most people that have them cant have other wrasses, or similar looking fish in tanks with them).

The Scott's fairy wrasses are pretty aggressive ( most people that have them cant have other wrasses, or similar looking fish in tanks with them).

But do you think it would be aggressive towards any other fish on my list? I guess none are really similar looking. Or maybe it's better to go with the exquisite wrasse, what do you think? Thanks for your advice, I know your reputation as the wrasse expert :D

The RG and chalk bass may be similar enough in shape to cause a problem. It's hard to say based on the individual fish. The safer bet would be to go with the exquisite but, if you do go with the Scott's then definitely add it last. And depending on which area you want to get an exquisite from you may be waiting a while. I've been waiting about 22 months to find an exquisite wrasse from Vanautu.

The RG and chalk bass may be similar enough in shape to cause a problem. It's hard to say based on the individual fish. The safer bet would be to go with the exquisite but, if you do go with the Scott's then definitely add it last. And depending on which area you want to get an exquisite from you may be waiting a while. I've been waiting about 22 months to find an exquisite wrasse from Vanautu.

I like the Fiji male, do you know if they are easier to get?

Make yourself fully aware of the Scott's Fairy as his colors will eventually change w/o the presence of a female. Mine has already lost some color over the coarse of 3 months. Still nice coloration, but not the same.

Make yourself fully aware of the Scott's Fairy as his colors will eventually change w/o the presence of a female. Mine has already lost some color over the coarse of 3 months. Still nice coloration, but not the same.

He just figures there's no one there for him to impress, why even make the effort? :)

Back