Plywood tanks

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
Did you see the size of the skimmer in the first one!?!?!? It bigger than most hot water tanks, even some commercial ones!

damn that makes me want to upgrade from my 46 to a 4600. I wonder how much the grand total of that came too. It was pretty impressive for both tanks. I guess it would help if you have some experience in building things first.

The lumber wouldnt really cost that much glass and all of the hardware, plumbing and such would be where the cost is. I gotta try and see if I can drum up some pics of my buddies dads tank. dont know what size it was but it was huge he had 18k into having it built and stocked. It was all automated but feeding. Had to have an entire room for all of the plumbing and other equiptment it was an in wall set up. Hes in Cali for a funeral for the week but when he gets home Ill see what I can produce.

That would be great. I can't believe it but I seriously thinking of doing something like this when I buy a permanent house. Hopefully I will make more money by then.

Throw a few bucks into a tank account every payday then you'll have the money when your ready. Think of it as a investment.

Yeah like a 401k for your fishies. You could probably build that tank(tank itself) for well under 1000 plumbing and gear now thats a whole other story.

this has me thinking about making one. i want a big tank but don't have a lot of room where it can go. this could give a person a lot of options. since i only have about 5 feet to work with.:^::^: the wife might hate me.

this has me thinking about making one. i want a big tank but don't have a lot of room where it can go. this could give a person a lot of options. since i only have about 5 feet to work with.:^::^: the wife might hate me.

Mine already hate me.:grumble:Not even had my 75 a year yet and I'm trying to talk her into letting me build a den with a poured concrete slad floor.That way I'd have room for a something over 200 gallons in the wall.:mrgreen:

Yote you should have just told her it would be a special room in the house for the two of you to spend time together, only after it was built then tell her the extra time would be watching your new enormous fish sactuary.

Ryan,If I told her something like that,she'd have me committed to a mental hospital in a straight jacket.
But I might give it try anyhow.:D

Or if you have school age children it could be a library/study room a nice quiet comfortable place for them to do there school work and such, I have too much schemeing time on my hands lately, just give her enough of the picture to fall in love with the idea before you show her what an onion it is,

Gonna tell her she can have the wall space to hang pictures.Then get my mounts up before she can hang em.:bounce:

Actually we've talked about it fairlly seriously.And will probably go for it next spring after her van and my truck are paid off.
That'll give me time to put back what I get in OT for the project.

Back