Possible Brooklynella

Tron

Reefing newb
Hello Everyone,

So I have a situation that I would like more input on.

First off all parameters are great (PH, Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia, Calcium, Alk, Mag, Temp, Salinity, Phosphates, etc etc...)

I have a breeding pair of Ocellaris clowns, last night everything was fine, this morning the female had a small mucus looking patch on her head. My situation is that it may be Brooklynella or it may be that she bumped her head on something during the night. Her gills are fine, she has no loss of coloration, and she is eating. I have everything ready to go Freshwater dip container, Formalin bath conatainer, Normal aquarium water bath conatainer. I know time is of the esscense concerning Brooklynella. I just dont want to put her through the stress of being treated if it is just a bump. So what would you guys do???????? Thanks as always for the input...

Also I have a cleaner shrimp in the tank, He has in looked her over and not picked anything off, so again it could just be a bump or it could be the dreaded Brooklynella.:frustrat:

No unfortunatly I cant get a good pic. Its not nearly as bad as when you do a search on google, Its just a small spot about the size of an eraser on a pencil (haha) just past her frontal bar.

Well its been nearly 9 hours since Ive noticed the spot and its still roughly the same size. From what I know about Brooklynella it spreads pretty fast, so hopefully she just swam into something during the night ( Ill keep my fingers crossed). But still if anyone one has opinions or info feel free to enlighten me. =)

Back