Possible Fish For New 46g

webdizzy

Reefing newb
I'm trying to decide on a fish stocking plan once my new 46g setup is ready. I don't want anything too aggressive, they must be reef safe. I'd like some feedback on these fish in terms of their compatibility and quantity, which I should drop if too many, AND in what order I should add them.

1 Tailspot OR Midas Blenny
1-2 Ocellaris Clown(s)
1 Flame Angel (or other dwarf angel)
1 peaceful Wrasse

and either:
1 Royal Gramma
3 Orange Lined Cardinals
OR another Wrasse
OR the 3 Cardinals in place of something else in the list?

Other suggestions for additions to this list are welcome. I don't really want anything really "shy" or aggressive.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Either list will work just fine.
Just keep in mind that any of the dwarf angels will have a 50/50 shot at nipping corals.

Your list is pretty good. I think any of those would get along, but I'd be careful if you choose to add two wrasses. If they are too similar, they proably won't get along. You'd most likely be safe if you went with, for example, a six line wrasse and one of the larger reef safe wrasses (flasher, fairy, leopard, etc. -- my favorite fish ever is the leopard wrasse -- google it!!). That's because the sixline is so much smaller.

I'd say you've got good list there for livestock. However, like Biff said, the likelyhood of 2 wrasses' getting along are pretty slim. Not saying that it CAN'T be done, but they're aggressive fish. Also, when adding your fish, I'd add the clowns last. Clowns are VERY territorial. My 2 false percs have scared 2 other fish out of my tank, and to their deaths :death: :grumble:. In any case, GOOD LUCK! and wait a few weeks in between adding them to let your tank adjust to the bioload.

What, no pink spotted goby. Just do one wrasse and add a pink spotted goby. I love mine.

100_1945.jpg

Back