Possible Pregnant Ocellaris

GassyMon

Wazzuuup
I think my clowns might be laying eggs sooner than later. The two hang out/sleep in the same area and I'm 99% sure they are mates. The female (larger of the 2) belly has been large for 3-4 days that I have noticed. I only feed my fish usually Mondays, Wedsdays, Fridays and Sundays, so almost every other day. The male's stomach is shrimking (No food in stomach) but the females only shrinks a litte. What are your guys thoughts on this. And should I try and rasie some or should it just be food for the rest of the tank? Do you have any small tips on raiseing them? I read this website that i might fallow if I decide to keep them Breed Clownfish | Saltwater Fish Breeding

By the way i would show pictures but my photos are no good.

Cool...have they been fanning/cleaning one particular area. That's where the eggs will be laid. I don't know much about raising them, but there are posts about here.

You can continue to research and prepare. No rush trying to raise them at all. The couple would have trouble with the first few batches and they might even eat them. The male will have to learn to clean the eggs, etc. Let them practice. You have plenty of time.

Back