Presents for myself

Ok everyone, the Alveo is finally open!! I thought I should share, so here they are!
DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0561.jpg

DSCN0558.jpg

Thanks again everyone for the nice comments!

Thanks!
Care Level: Moderate Temperament: Semi-aggressive Lighting: Moderate Waterflow: Low Placement: Bottom Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.023-1.025 Supplements: Calcium, Strontium, Trace Elements

Yeah, I read that :|

I've heard everything from "They're way easier then Goniopora" to "They're just as hard."

But I don't trust anyone else but you guys :P

Beautiful coral though! Might have to try my hand anyway. Do you feed with zooplankton?

Well, from everything I've read (and been told on this site) Alveo's are a much easier coral to keep. Most people have trouble keeping Gonios alive for more than a few months to a year.
I haven't fed it any zooplankton, I did put some reef snow in a day or two ago though.

I also found this on reefpedia:
Feeding information on this coral is somewhat limited. It is believed that this coral may require supplemental feeding, on top of having photosynthetic zooxanthellae algae. Some have found some success by feeding a mixture of various foods that are combined into a paste. It is thought that a required food is the highly-nutritious Cyclopeeze, which is a small invertebrate with a very high protein and amino acid content. Other foods may include clams, shrimp, DT's Oyster Eggs, and other nutritious and meaty foods.

If feeding is done, it should be done with minimal flow, using a syringe to place small gobs of the pasty food onto a good number of the polyps. When ingested, the food will feed the entire coral, so feeding each and every polyp is unnecessary. Feeding should be done about two to three times per week.

WOW! Really nice new additions! That alveo is really neat! I think a Ric garden and a Zoa garden is a great idea!!

Back