Project5k and the new 75Gal salt tank

Just a question? Don't you think the snowflake eel will eat your clown or tang? I had to make a tank just for mine because it tried to eat anything that moved except for my sergant majors..

well, the snowflake came with the tank just the same as the clown did, and a previous tang, and the fish dont pay any attention to the eel, even if he gets all aggressive, they just ignore him and let him have a temper tantrum and then he calms down again, hehehe...

yea the snails are small, about 1/2 inch long, but there were way more than 20 in there... i ended up putting like 45 in the main tank, like 10 in the fuge, and 3 or 4 in the sump... and every single one of them arrived alive... couldnt believe it...

so i got up this morning to find the crabs picking away at the carcus of my blue hippo tang... damn... never had to flush $35 down a toilet before, kinda stings a bit...

no it was a new fish, i need something from the tang family, and i thought that was a good choice, but apparently, not so much...

Hate to hear about the regal tang Project.But that heppens with them.Look at em cross eyed and their either going to get or die and sometimes both.
The tanks looking great though.

Hey everyone, sorry i've been out of touch, holidays, family, job hunting, it all takes time... but i'm still here, i'm still going with my tank, after the death of the blue tang, i've been just letting things settle before trying to introduce anyone new to the tank... everyone is happy, and healthy, Snowflake is eating more and more, he/she is up to 10 whole krill every other day, and if not fed following that schedule, he will stirr up the entire tank and started chasing the clown around, course, my clown has a "tude" so he just smacks the eel in the face with his tail fin and sonders off un concerned, so.....

is 10 krill too much? i mean obviously not, cause he's eating it, but, what would one expect to feed a 14 inch snowflake eel, and how often?

glad to hear that you are ok. How's the job hunt going?

the job hunting is going really really slow... there just isnt anything around here that pays more than 10 per hour, and i really need 13 to break even each month... and as much as i hate it, the wife finally broke me down and signed up for unemployment, i hate it, i've never "lived on the public till" before, and i dont like it now, but i've gotta eat, and keep the lights on, so, i guess its just a sign of the times...

Check out the article that Sharkie wrote (if you haven't already):

i will definately do that, i had not seen that, so it should be some good reading, thanks for the link!

Glad you are back, hope you find a job soon so you can get back to more regular postings:mrgreen:

yea, well, its a really long story, but lets just say that i havent been posting lately, not cause i didnt have the time, and or not cause i didnt have anything to say, but that i only had bad, mean, and evil things to say about a member of my family, and i didnt think that yall really wanted to hear about it.. so, i just didnt...

on a better note, the new lights, canopy, and all seem to be working really well, cause just a few days after setting them up, i started seeing an increase in algae in the tank, i have a few quarter sized pom-poms, and i can see little sprouts here and there in other places in the tank.... so, i'm thinking i'm either gonna be doing a lot of hand grooming, or i'm gonna have to get something that will eat the algae for me... Gosh i miss George....

Attachments

• hair algae.jpg
    hair algae.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 247
Goodluck finding a job Project, I know how things are around here. It is not 13$/hr but Telenetwork(www.telenetwork.com) is always hiring remote Tech Support agents(I manage the main office here in San Marcos) plus you work from home..no transportation costs. Fairly easy to get up to 11-12$/hr more after a year or so based on the norms.

Edit: And you make your own schedule between 20 and 45hrs a week on a 24/7 type gig so a lot of people do this and something else until a few months passes and your making closer to 12$/hr.

Project, are there any good LFS out there? Animal Wonders in SM kinda sucks, Critter Shack burned down(That was cool have pics). I've been going to Polly's in NB...I checked out the places in Austin but they were kinda shady looking. I'm trying to find something nearby, rather than buy online.

Back