Protein Skimmer Setup

kwsm

Reefing newb
Bought an Octopus BH-100F HOB protein skimmer today and good gracious is it giving us a headache to set up. Absolutely no real instructions at all! We seem to have gotten the siphon started but from the pictures we've looked up online to try to help us, it looks like we have an extra white tube in the intake chamber? That and the skimmer isn't working at all. The water level in the second chamber is rising and falling but nothing is actually happening.

How hard is it to include some instructions in REAL English?! Help!

Well I think we might have got it. It's pulling crap out of the water already but the collection cup is filling up rather quick. Any adjustments we can make? or just wait for it to break in?

I just picked up the same skimmer, and it was definitely a pain in the butt at first. Once you get it however, it's like 'Oh.' The instructions are lame. lol

My collection cup is about halfway down, seems to work well enough but I don't have a large bioload as of yet. The first week was naaaasty, however. Was like wiping refried beans out of a cup. :pooh:

Back