Protein skimmer slurping..

Veilside0Three

Reefing newb
I have the octopus 800s HOB protein skimmer, works great. I took it off the other day to clean it up, remove the excess slime, ect. Now that its clean and put back together, it works better than before, BUT it slurps occasionally.

Sounds just like a straw when the cup runs out of fluid. It only happens for about a half second, but it will do it multiple times every 10-20 seconds or so.

The water level seems fine, it should be getting all the water it needs. Anyone ever have this problem? Or know how to fix it?

Does it have a silence on it? Will look like an airline tube with a hard plastic tube on the end of it?

Yes it has the silencer attached. It's not coming from the air hose though, it's coming from the intake chamber, sounding like it's not pulling enough water.

maybe push the overbox down a little farther into the water it may be to high and not allowing enough water to flow in. my other thought is turn the valve to break the siphon and than restart it there may be an air bubble traped it it.

Back