Protein skimmer?

i just bought a coral life super skimmer i just hooked it up today i hope it works better then my prizm.... its kinda loud

I have the Prizm on my 25, and it seems to work pretty well. It's probably not the best in the world, and you have to frak with the valve every once in a while, but it certainly works (for me, and my wife...we both have them on 2 separate tanks). I clean out the cup once a week. Nitrates are at 0 and it pulls out nasty stuff. Basically, it's good for what it is for what it costs.

I have HEARD that the Coralife works "better" than the Prizm, but I've also read threads where people rail against the Super Skimmer as much as the Prizm.

I've heard lots of good things about the Aqua C Remora Pro, but I think they're a bit pricier. All in all, I think if I had the money I would go for the Aqua C Remora Pro at the top of the list, then either the Prizm or Coralife if the Remoa is too rich for your blood.

The Prism is worth the electriciy it consumes, yet alone the purchase price. The Remora is a good machine and Reeffreak is right with saying$60 is dirt cheap. QAs for the pump, it uses a Maxi-Jet 1200 which cqn be had readily at nearly all local fish stores or online for less than $20. A remora with pump costs normally over $160. The Coralife is a good skimmer for its price, but it seems a little underpowerd for its capacity claims. I think if I was offered a Remora for $60 that only needed a pump I would probably choose it over the Coralife SS for $100.

because the price or because the qualitly
I like the Quality and performance of Aqua C skimmers, including the Remora. The Remora is a good skimmer at its regular price when a hang on skimmer is needed or when a small skimmer is needed. I would not consider the same design if the tank was much larger. I think the Coralife could do the job, but its is both larger and more obtrusive and could not handle the full capacity it is rated for as could the Remora. In a larger tank I would choose the Coralife but in a larger model. I think in your situation, either one would work fine, but that the Remora overall is a better piece of equipment, and that the low offered price for the Remora is even an extra advantage in your case, and more reason to choose it. I do not think either one would allow for much more capacity than what your asking for. I would upgrade to a higher capacity skimmer if I upgraded to a tank larger than a 55 gallon with the Coralife and a 75 gallon with the Aqua C Remora.

Back