Protine skimmer

I know the k1 went for about $800 I think...not 100% sure though. For your tank size, you'd probably be ok with one of their cheaper models that aren't a cone. The k1 or k2 would be great for a 125g or so though.

Hmmmmm i'm starting to like the idea of a cone skimmer. I thaink I have decided I am gone get 800 dollars and get a k2. Ur probably right but I have hurd that bigger is better. And I don't know if it is possable to have too big a skimmer :p.

Wow. Howcome that one is so much cheaper than the wm model. There has got to be a diffrence. And just wondering what do u mean when u say wait for one to come out. Wait for one what to come out.????

Thanx for everyones help

Wow. Howcome that one is so much cheaper than the wm model. There has got to be a diffrence.
Looks like a few differences. Pump location - the Octo is under the body and the WM is next to it and output adjustment method - the Octo uses a slide tube and the WM a gate valve. Looks like the WM has a line to drain the collection cup and none on the Octo.

Not my pics...
Octo MiniS (with coralline...lol) $370
3759494076_91390d52d6.jpg

WM K-2 $720
k2big.jpg

oh the first one to adjust it you rotate the tall grey"output" pipe, its cut with a slant on the bottom and that acts as a valve...

Great thanx. Any ideas on where I can get this skimmer. It's a cone skinner right. And is really good correct. Thanx for all help

I think I would like a gate valve for output control over a slide tube personally. Worth twice the price though? I dunno.

i would think not, if you can work with pvc pipes, then theres no reason you couldnt get the cheaper one, leave its adjustment all the way open, and then put a gate valve on the output tube yourself, and bingo, upgrade.. i'm kinda sorta thinking about it for my skimmer, but mine is working so well, i'm not gonna do it till i really see a need for it...

yea, i can see a benifit of adjustability with the gate valves, you wouldnt necessarily have as gooda resolution with a ball..

Back