Question

JBowden

Reefin' Housewife
I just upgraded my 55 gallon to a 180 gallon this weekend (I know, it didn't happen if there aren't any pictures...I'll get to it when I get back to my desktop! LOL)

My question is... my liverock wasn't out of water nor was it in still water... and I reused pretty much 100% of the water out of my 55, will it cycle do you think?

When will it be safe to add another fish? I currently just have a little Scopas Tang that I added to the 55 about 3 weeks ago. I'll keep checking my water parms... like normal.

Thanks for thelp in advance :D

it shouldn't "cycle" but you will probably see an up swing in nitrates from disrupting everything, where are these said pictures? its been what? an hour lol

I think you will be fine. Give it a week or so before you add anything new, though, just to be sure.

I thought so... but I wasn't entirely sure. Just curious because my Mom and I are taking a trip to a LFS like 2 hours away this weekend and I didn't want to bring something home if it wasn't ready yet. This place has 60,000 gallons of saltwater... I'm excited :D

Oh, and I got your Chaeto in the mail on Friday! Thank you so much!

place credit cards in block of ice now lol, 60,000 gallons? thats temptation right there!

Good thing I don't have any credit cards in my possession! I'm taking my winnings from the horse races this weekend. I had a string of good luck :D

However, my husband did tell me to have a good time while I was there... perhaps I'll come home with some crabs ;)

Well, I was thinking of adding a nice sized school of Chromis, and then some Lyretails... then maybe a pair of Occy Clowns, a goby, maybe a wrasse, a couple different tangs, a mandarin, and then maybe a trigger.

Not sure about what kind of tangs, I want my tank to have a lot of color. I like the Blonde Naso tang, the Caribean Tang...etc. For the Trigger, I was thinking about the Blue Throat Trigger...

I would love a Marine Betta...

I dunno. I'm still doing my research. I have lots of time. :D

think you need more tanks lol, did you know that the Blue throats can be kept like a Harem? one male and 3 or 4 females would make a really cool display

Nah. I should be fine. My husband made me beg for the 180 gallon. But now that it's set up, he's pretty happy with it.

I'm turning my 55 gallon into a sea horse tank.

I did not know that about the Blue Throats. I'll have to look more into that.

J congratulations on the new tank! Tangs are so great; so many different colors. How's those pictures coming along? :lol:

I'm getting there! I've been kind of sick lately so I haven't had the energy, nor the motivation, to clean off my desk since Christmas. I kind of get irritated when there's clutter, so I can't work under those conditions.

But long story short, I'm going to try to get to it before the end of the day!

LOL!

I was talking to him about it over dinner, and the conversation went like this:

"You know, that place is by Detroit" He said
"Yeah, I know. But I'll try not to think about it" I Said
"So...what are you going to bring back?"
"I dunno...maybe a fish...maybe some crabs" I said
"Typical of Detroit" he said laughing.

And typical of me, I didn't catch on to it...I just knew that I wanted some more crabs for my fuge. I was completely innocent in all of it :D

Back