Question

You're going to the Tropicorium aren't you? What day are you heading down there? You're about to see the biggest frogspawn and clam that you've ever seen in your life. You better make sure you bring your credit card. Last time I was in they were having a sale on acans, really nice sized colonies for about $60.00...

Fair warning...The Trop is not the least expensive place on the planet. It's a house that has been added onto about a dozen times, and the first thing you'll say when you walk in is HOLY SHIT.

When you walk in the door, turn right, walk as far back as you can, and turn left....You'll be in heaven.

You're going to the Tropicorium aren't you? What day are you heading down there? You're about to see the biggest frogspawn and clam that you've ever seen in your life. You better make sure you bring your credit card. Last time I was in they were having a sale on acans, really nice sized colonies for about $60.00...

Fair warning...The Trop is not the least expensive place on the planet. It's a house that has been added onto about a dozen times, and the first thing you'll say when you walk in is HOLY SHIT.

When you walk in the door, turn right, walk as far back as you can, and turn left....You'll be in heaven.

Heck yes I am! And I am going there for the shock-factor. I haven't been to a place yet that has WOWED me with beautiful tanks and displays. This place, people tell me I haven't experienced TRUE reefing until I've experienced this place.

Can't be more expensive than Pruess's in Lansing. My goodness, that place is soooooooo expensive. I normally go to a place called Reef Paradise in Flint, they're very reasonable and very helpful, and they're the type of people who won't sell you something just to sell you something.

How are they as people, though? I know at Pruess's, no one even wanted to help me... like normally if you're at a store, employees walk up to you and are like "do you need help with anything"... etc.

The trop is a very "under-whelming" place on the outside, but the inside is pretty incredible. If you're looking for shiny floors, this ain't the place. But they've got good quality stuff, and a mind boggling selection. The guys are helpful and know their stuff.

Just make sure you know what you're buying before you pick it out..You can easily pick a zoa polyp that costs $100 per polyp.

Drive slowly when you get near the address, because you'll pass it if you're not paying attention..There isn't a shiny sign outside...It'll be on your right handside. It's a giant white house.

Right now, I'm not going for corals or anything. I hardly know anything about them. I'm going for a new fish to add... hopefully. :D

To be honest with you, if I was going for fish, I'd save the gas and stay close to home....they have the same fish as everyone else.....It's their coral selection that is crazy. To put it in perspective, out of 60,000 gallons, 59,000 gallons is coral.

*Shrugs* I'm going to check it out... to put it on my "List" of LFS to go to.

They have a pairs of Occys for $19.99. On MR they list their sale items.

But it'd be neat to see all the corals. Who knows, maybe I'll be wowed by something I just have to have ;)

Don't know if you have kids, but my kids like to go down there because they have some 3-4' sharks...awesome. Their is a tank when you first walk in, that's the $10 frag tank....They usually have some nice stuff in there. Fish to the left coral to the right. Don't buy rock from them, it's ridiculously priced.

Don't know if you have kids, but my kids like to go down there because they have some 3-4' sharks...awesome. Their is a tank when you first walk in, that's the $10 frag tank....They usually have some nice stuff in there. Fish to the left coral to the right. Don't buy rock from them, it's ridiculously priced.

Nah, no kids.. yet. In the stages of trying to get that done... ;)

But I am taking my Mom with me and she does call the tank her "Overly large grandkid"...

And I try to buy my rock from people breaking down their tanks. Bought 150lbs from some guy in Grand Rapids for $100. My other LFS up in Flint sells it for $8.99/lb or the other one is $5.99/lb.

Thanks for the heads up :D

oh I do love a good side track lol, this is turning into a memorable thread, crabs,peeing,depends and whats even funnier? I grew up in Windsor lol

Back