Questions about transfering to a larger tank....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJojo3377

Reefing newb
Hey guys,

So if you look back into a earlier thread that I posted a couple of days ago, you will see that there is a small crack in the upper right hand corner of our 10 gallon aquarium. We were wanting to upgrade to a slightly bigger tank. We are looking at a 20 gallon high. We would prefer a 20 gallon long, but there will not be very much space for it.

We were wondering can we continue to use the same light that we have? We have an Odyssea T-5 High Output 18W x 4 lighting system. Also can we just keep the same powerhead? We have one Koralia 425. We know we must buy a bigger stand and new sand, but hopefully that is it. :question:

Thanks ya'll!

You can use that powerhead but you'll likely want to supplement with another one. Shoot for about 30x your tank volume per hour being turned over. In your case you'd want about 600gph or more.

As for the light, someone else may be able to help. That seems like it will be enough even with the added depth to me....but someone else with more experience in T5 lighting will have a better answer I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back