Quick Question

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Hello. Quick background. I had 10 fish in my 90 + Sump. Lost one Chromis from a jump. A few days later I can't find my Snowflake Clown. Not on the floor, overflow or ground. Simply MIA.

Water parameters below. I'm guessing the level of the ammonia suggests it was and is still in the tank. Good meal for the CUC I guess. I don't see it anywhere but there are lots of hiding places and areas to get hung up. I didn't notice any strange behavior and really am not looking for a cause at this point. Chalking it up to bad luck.

What other changes should I see water quality wise in the next week? Planning on doing an extra WC as soon as I have water ready.

Temp 80.2
pH 8.2
Ammonia .25
Nitrite 0.0
Nitrate 0.0
Ca 400
Phosphate 0.0
KH 4*

With your tank set up for a year I wouldnt worry too much about a lost possibly dead fish, your bacteria and cuc should be able to handle it.

Did you check your overflow? (if the tank is drilled) Reread your post, hopefully he is just hiding :/

Yeah, I checked the overflow. He had a habit of jumping in there so I covered it. Still I took the canopy off and checked. Still MIA. thanks for the info.

Back