R/O ?'s

jrose40

Reefing newb
I have a Bio 14g and am looking into maybe getting a R/O system since I live in the Florida Keys and the water is piped in from Miami. My questions are is there a cost effecient R/O system for a 14g system, could I just use a brita filter system? Or should I just use distilled gallon jugs?

Thanks

The brita woudnt be a good choice. It wont get out all the disolved chemicals in the water and cost a fortune in replacement filters.

The jugs of RO from the store is a viable option. I did it for years in my 30 gallon. It cost 5 bucks a week for me.

The best option is getting an RO unit. You can get one for around 120-150 and it truely does pay for itself.

check out bulkreefsupply.com
shoot them an email, they are really helpful.

Will the brita filters that actually mount on the faucet work? I wouldnt mind having one anyway for my personal water consumption as well.

lol hottuna,thats funny
on the ro note i got a 5 st ro/di system off e-bay from purewaterclub for 95 bucks including shipping,its a 100 gpd,so its not that expencive,i would in no way use a britta filter,the only thing a britta filter is is a carbon filter,you might as well use a canister filter for all the use you would get out of it,for the safety and health of your system go ro/di

I recently picked up a RODI system from Buckey Field Supply. They have fantastic customer service a really good prices. I bought the 100 gpd unit with the 20,000 gallon DI resin. It was delivered at 5 pm, I installed it right away. Took ME about 20 minutes. Within an hour, BFS contacted me to make sure I was happy! I never contacted them, they took it upon themselves to call me. Top notch IMO!

Back