Remote Monitoring

Chris

Reefing newb
I have recently taken a job that travels. I would like to be able to monitor my waters temperature and power and inform me via the internet if either is out of line. I know the Aquacontroller 3 will do this but at a $800+ price tag its quite expensive. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas.

Thanks!

Chris, contact Neptune Systems 408-578-3022. They manufacture the Aquacontroller and can best advise as to the minimum needed to do what you want. I looked and the Aquacontroller JR. can print logs but im not sure of the interface with remote computer reporting. maybe and if so would be cheaper than the controller 3 unit. other than that I havent researched any other units/manufacturers with that capability that is anywhere near your quoted price range which is too high to start with. The Octopus 3000 is also up in 800+ so I'll let ya know if i come across anything else that might work.

Cool, I also found a company that produces some temperature monitoring equipment, im trying to find out if I can use it in saltwater.

Well I found a remote sensor and power monitoring device for right at $500 which is significantly cheaper than anything else I have found, I have attached the quote for anyone who is intrested.

Back