Replacing Bulbs - Suggestions

madhattertcm

Reefing newb
I bought an Odyssea T5HO light fixture a while back.

Honestly it's doing great and growth has been pretty okay. However I'd like to upgrade the bulbs but I'm just not sure what to do.

Right now I have 2 10k and 2 antics.

I'm looking at ATI bulbs and thought about this:
Blue+
Blue+
Purple+
Coral+

Will this combination be overly blue or a good mixture? Will coral growth be pretty good? I've read the Aquablue washes out the tank a little too much so I didn't add that.

What's your thoughts?

I have the same fixture. So far I have changed out one bulb. One of the 10ks was replaced with a 75/25 I think just the one bulb has made a big difference. Doesnt look as...well white. Anyway was pretty much looking at the same setup you are. Just havent done it yet.

Hmmmm....I also have the same light set up as both of you. I will be replacing all the bulbs in December but, I want to go a different route. I was also wondering what color lighting should I do? It's too "white" in the aquarium now, but I'm afraid to mess with other colors because I don't want anything bad to happen to our corals...what to do what to do?

here is a combination for 4 bulb using ATI bulbs..

for 10 to 12k look.. 2 blue plus 1 aquablue and 1 purple plus.

for 12 to 16k look.. 2 blue plus 1 coral plus 1 purple plus..

16to 20k look... 3 blue plus 1 purple plus...

all will grow corals will just depend on what you want for a blue hue to the tank as to which configuration to get..

I can't find much info on people using the Coral+'s - how are they? Are they too blue or do they add a white without washing it out? Do you have a pic of the lighting?

From what I've heard, they add a nice white/blue hue without washing coral colors out like the aquablue specials.

I will let you know for sure on Monday, when they come in :)

Back