Rid-Ich

somehow this seems to be all about what you want, thats a little one sided don't you think? the tone on this site seems to be a little caustic towards peoples mistakes, and your battering of people isn't really helping, your a member not a staff so maybe try not commandeering threads and leave discipline to the mods?

Hey now ,come on....
you've been on here all of 19 days.....i don't really think you have any idea what kind of person she is.....she has helped many people and is just trying to do what she always does....she is very appreciated here........maybe you should stop trying to boost your post count and stick to posting useful and thoughtful things....at least till you get to know all of us a little better

She is "commandeering" the thread with useful information and trying to help. It doesn't matter if she's a member or a mod, anyone can try to answer questions and help. Which is perfectly fine. Carry on... :)

to little_fish

thank you so much. i honestly appreciate everything you say and thank you so much for responding to most of my posts.
i will admit i was wrong. its obviously not what i wanted to hear and especially after people are giving me so much sarcasm.. i didn't take it well. I'm only 14 yrs old and im kinda new to this stuff. but a new 850 gallon tank was ordered today and im using the 90 as a tank for only display.
Again thanks so much, you really are a kind helpful person and i apologize for my refusal to understand what people were trying to tell me.

-Brandon

Hey now ,come on....
you've been on here all of 19 days.....i don't really think you have any idea what kind of person she is.....she has helped many people and is just trying to do what she always does....she is very appreciated here........maybe you should stop trying to boost your post count and stick to posting useful and thoughtful things....at least till you get to know all of us a little better

+1000 with my brother from PA.

to little_fish

thank you so much. i honestly appreciate everything you say and thank you so much for responding to most of my posts.
i will admit i was wrong. its obviously not what i wanted to hear and especially after people are giving me so much sarcasm.. i didn't take it well. I'm only 14 yrs old and im kinda new to this stuff. but a new 850 gallon tank was ordered today and im using the 90 as a tank for only display.
Again thanks so much, you really are a kind helpful person and i apologize for my refusal to understand what people were trying to tell me.

-Brandon

Im really glad to help, and i would like to say that is probably one of the most mature things on this site. Ive been here for almost a year now, and i can count one hand how many times people have admitted they were wrong. Even better you are doing something about it. Im very proud of you, which sounds silly, but i am.

Im glad to hear you got such a killer tank! Im very jealous!! This probably goes without saying but make sure you cycle that tank before you move your fish over. We just had some one here move their stuff over immediately, causing a big cycle and i think most everything died.

One thing that you can do in the mean time, and this will help you prepare for big tank, is to get some of those large rubbermaid bin and use them as temporary tanks. You can throw some live rock in those tubs, which you can then put into your big tank because youre going quite a bit :)

Your tank is going to be awesome!

Bkc, I found this site when i first started in the hobby. I asked a ton of questions, read a ton of articles, and I listened to the consensus of what the people who'd been in the hobby for a long time were telling me. There are great people on this site, with a lot of knowledge, use it to your advantage. If you choose to disregard their advice this hobby can be painful and expensive. I can say that I've never lost a fish or a piece of coral due to bad advice form this site. Also because of this site, the veterans taught me how to do it, and when to do it. Use it to your advantage.

We're only here to try and help you out. So let's let bygones be bygones and get down to building your new tank. I for one, look forward to seeing the build and helping you in any way I can.

Thank you to both little_fish for your patience and to bkc for your apology.
We really are here just trying to help. A lot of us care very strongly for the animals that are kept in this hobby. If some of us come off as rude or yelling at you or whatever, imagine how you would react if you saw someone mistreating a dog/cat.
We tend to feel the same way about fish.

What kind of puppy did you get?

Shih tzu's are the cutest puppies! So fuzzy!

I got nothin' for a name, though, I've always been partial to flower names (Tulip, Daisy, Lily, Violet).

Back