RIJohn s 90 Gallon

Looks great. :) I had a broken tank situation too. UGH. My custom tank (that took 6 weeks to get) was all in...the cabinet above it was done and everything....except for a 6"x12" opening ready for a future vent cover. Long story short...a wrench feel off the stairs right into that opening and slammed all around the tank (Did I mention I have 4 boyz?!). Little holes everywhere. Yep, I had to wait another 6 weeks for my next tank to show up. Not to mention a thousand bucks! OUCH!!!! Totally sucked!!!!! Let's just say the vent cover went on BEFORE the knew tank even showed up at the house. Lesson learned!!!!!!

It was truly awful!!! It was in the middle of our addition building---had all the stress I could handle---we had severe flooding and had to move to the Marriott. I almost lost it!!! :(

I am really sorry about the broken tank, that sucks.......

Today was day that was supposed to be easy and go with no issues.... that did not happen. So I woke up at breakfest with the family and decided since I had no pending tasks for the day I was going to fill my tank with water. So drove to Lowes to get a large 50gallon container and to 5gallon pails. That was the easy part of the day. So drove to LFS to get RO water, my system is on order.

So I get there have them pump the water from their system into the the back of my Sprinter. Filled the two pails and drove home to transfer to my tank. I work with different style air pumps so I figured I could hook up a pump and pump the water into my house. So I set up the compressor and started pumping, half through the bin my compressor piston snapped. So I decided to use nitrogen power instead, well apparently I did not refill the tank after use, got 1/4 more of the water into my tank. So decided to do the rest with five gallon pails.

Went back to LFS borrowed four 6 gallon buckets for RO. Went home and dumped all buckets into my tank.... three trips later tank and sump are full. Tested pump to find return hose to be leaking. Attempted to repair it for four hours with nothing but failure.:frustrat:

Went back to Lowes to change entire return system around more money into the tank. Got back home swapped out return system with new stuff, leak checked and no leaks. THANK GOD:D

Connected all wiring minus FUGE lighting, and turned my tank on. So far so good, no more leaks that I have found. So the next step Live Rock and Live Sand, but as Promised here are some photos.

Fish tank set up 002.jpg
Here is the Tank Full of water with no light, cant even tell its full

Fish tank set up 003.jpg

Here is the sump running like a charm, no valves were needed to control flow

Fish tank set up 004.jpg
Here is shot with lights

Thanks for looking and thank you everyone for helping me with set up ideas

:bounce:Sounds like it's time to get some salt and substrate in there get the cycle started and get the skimmer on...That set up looks great I can't wait to see it with your rock and everything set up.

:^: Great start. Be prepared to siphon off some water as you add the sand and rock. Keep the pics coming. Where are you getting your sand and rock? Just curious. :D

Sounds like it's time to get some salt and substrate in there get the cycle started and get the skimmer on...That set up looks great I can't wait to see it with your rock and everything set up.

Actually the photos were taken with Salt in the tank. I wonder if I did something wrong, my tank was not even cloudy one bit?

Great start. Be prepared to siphon off some water as you add the sand and rock. Keep the pics coming. Where are you getting your sand and rock? Just curious. :grin:

I am actually calling my order tomorrow for Tuesday Delivery from Richard from Tampa Bay. Starting my cycle with 90lbs of live rock and 90lbs of live sand.

Nice lookin tank. Very clean lookin setup. Can't wait to see it filled with :sfish:

You and me both... I am dying to start adding fish to my set up. I figured though take my time so I happy cycle and start up.

Thanks everyone for their responses.

Since I am having micro bubble issues I have redesigned my sump set up with a bubble trap. Also made the baffle between the Fuge Section and return pump shorter, to try to avoid a second water fall. I will be inserting egg crate in between the fuge and return pump to keep the macro in its place. Here is the shot of new sump drying.

New Sump 002.jpg

I decided just to buy another tank for sump so I didnt have to restart my system.

Live Rock and Live sand will be ordered, right after new sump passes water test and microbubbles disappear. Hopefully tomorrow trying for Friday delivery so I have the week end with my tank.

Thanks For Looking

So I ordered my live Rock from Richard in Tampa Bay. Came in yesterday and here are the photos with all the live rock in the tank before aquascaping.Tank Shots 002.jpg

Tank Shots 003.jpg

Tank Shots 004.jpg

Here are few shots of the tank with some aquascaping. The first with my lights on, and the second with just my room lights on. Not finally with placing the rock but most will remain where they are still need to epoxy them into place. Let me tell you there are tons of critters on these rocks.

Tank Shots 005.jpg

Tank Shots 007.jpg

Enjoy.

Charlies right.You probably dont want to epoxy your rock in place. You'll change the scaping several times before your finally 100% happy with it.:D

Its looking great too.I can see another world class tank in the making.:D

Here are few shots of just some of the life in the tank that came with the rcok. There are plenty of others but some are very hard to capture on film. Some clicking and popping going on, think maybe a mantis or something. I know I have at least a dozen crabs of different types, a few hermits, fifteen plus on snails, two yellow worms?, sea cuke? solid brown, bunch of sponges.

Tank Shots 001.jpg
These are red dots that have started popping up, some are turning neon orange and others are turning Pink?
Tank Shots 003.jpg
I would assume sponges but no clue really, with out tank light
Tank Shots 007.jpg
I have no clue what this is but was not there yesterday.
Tank Shots 008.jpg
Here the sponges with my lights on

Here how many water is looking
Day One
1.025 salinity
.25mg amonia
0 nitrite
0 nitrate
8.0 PH

Day Two Morning
1.026 salinity
.75 Amonia
.3mg nitrite
5ppm nitrate
8.0 PH

Evening
1.024 Salinity
1.0 Amonia
.3 mg Nitrite
5ppm nitrate
8.2PH

Day three Morning
1.025 Salinity
.75 Amonia
.5 Nitrite
7ppm Nitrate
7.9 PH

So what does every one think, am on the right track.

Yes...I'm learning about patience. It's much easier to do it right the first time, then have to go back and fix things. UGH!
It looks great!!! :)

Back