RIJohn s 90 Gallon

So finally Richard from TBS was able to dive a get the rest of live rock. Thank god I was going stir crazy waiting for it. Anyways the rock and CUC crew will be here on Thursday.

Also ordered an additional 50lbs of Dry Rock and 15lbs of Rubble from MarcoRocks, which will also be in Thursday.

Plus my new sump tank should be in Thursday...

Thursday is going to be a great day I cant wait...

4506069605_fb02bd0527_m.jpg
4506705414_9800515110_m.jpg

Looking good John ... I'm sure you were as surprised as I was when you saw all the extras that Richard sends. Give it a day or two to settle and you'll see some crazy things coming out from the crevices

Looking good John ... I'm sure you were as surprised as I was when you saw all the extras that Richard sends. Give it a day or two to settle and you'll see some crazy things coming out from the crevices

Yeah Richard sent me way to much extras in my opinion. I had run some to LFS cause I didnt have the room for them. I also found in one of my boxes a Tiger Goby. Although I have found a four in Mantis that I am currently trying to figure out how to catch.

Awesome rock.
Yeah the rock is nice but Richard sends huge pieces of rock. Rock that you would you for base rock. The white rock came from Marcorocks. Super light and pourus(i think that word is right)

The First shot is the modification I made to my stand to accomidate a larger sump. The new sump is 30g breeder apposed to the 20l. The next shot is the sump in place and the last two are of a Mantis I caught in my tank today,
PICSOFPROOF011.jpg

PICSOFPROOF010.jpg

PICSOFPROOF009.jpg

PICSOFPROOF008.jpg

nice, you gonna put that mantis in your sump?

Absolutely not, the clicking and the amount of my CUC he has killed got him banished to the LFS. They have a very nice BIG BIG puffer. Still have two much smaller ones left I need to capture and pull out.

Awesome looking sump, nice and clean looking.
THanks but that is only because it is brand spanking new, give it a week and will get dirty again.

So half of my new light system came in today.:mrgreen: The other half was on back order but will be in Thursday:frustrat:

Here is shot of the set up out of box

Tankshots426009.jpg

The system also included a stunner strip which I will be adding to the unit.

Do to my Modification to the stand, the system needs to be wall mounted. Instead of bolting it right to the wall I am going to put a spacer in place, once again due to my stand modification. So tomorrow pick up bracket, piece of wood 2x6 will do. Predrill holes and mark studs, level and mount wood to the wall. When second half of the system comes in I will install the light systems to wood bracket. Get a full tank shot for everyone. I will take photos with MH lighting then LEDs to compare the two.

The stunner strips are super bright almost blinding. Here is link to the some photos.
Panoexotic Stunner Strip Actinic Shots of 90gallon

Back