RO / Di Help

blazk

Reefing newb
I saw a few posts on here about RO / DI Systems people have bought off http://www.purewaterclub.com/ Just curious to know which systems / system did people use /should I use for my 250L Tank + 50L sump? I was thinking of putting the waste in 2 food safe barrels for the garden, washing machine etc (as we have water restrictions) and keeping the RO water in a separate barrel for the aquarium. I do live in Australia so I would have to get it shipped which isnt really a problem. The AUS dollar does kind of put a dmapening on things at the momentm but what can you do, curse you economy. There is a place here in Adelaide that can deliver 200L of RO / DI water for $40 anytime / next day is this worth it? How many Liters would i have to change out a week? Any help in the right direction would be a great help thanks. Sorry about all the questions.

IMO, an RO unit is probably the best investment you can make for a reef tank. You should be changing aprox 15-20% of your water every 2 weeks.

How many liters in a gallon?

Why do we use both imperial & metric in the USA?
Whats wrong with us? It's too confusing.
A gallon of milk or a two liter of Pepsi.....

What about ounces? Where should they fit in?

Hmmmmm. :-)

How many liters in a gallon?

Why do we use both imperial & metric in the USA?
Whats wrong with us? It's too confusing.
A gallon of milk or a two liter of Pepsi.....

What about ounces? Where should they fit in?

Hmmmmm. :-)

Blazk is from Australia:D

Not to hijack, but Messiah, I'm totally with you. I can shamefully admit that I've never mastered the fluid measurements. I think I can deal with gallons (OJ) and ounces (beer). Knowing what amount makes up what is beyond me, always need a chart.

One thing to consider Blazk is how much water costs out there (when I was in Brisbane they had a water shortage) but my RODI uses a lot more water in "runoff" than pristine water. Could get expensive??
Alex

When I was in school, we were messing around with both imperial & metric.
It's totally screwed with my head!

Centimeters, inches, yards....oh my.

Oh, and Blazk, I remember when I was there, I was so confused about beer sizes - Queensland called certain beer sizes one thing, and NSW had different ones! So confusing!!!!!!

(btw, if you can export some victoria bitter to me, I would pay big bucks!!)

VB yuk you have your Victorian beer lol.
Sorry for making people use maths and calculators etc, im kinda old school myself in the way i measure things, eg hectares, inches etc. But when it comes to Litres and gallons i get retarded for some reason. I keep having to remember that 1 of your gallons is 3.7 Litres so i would have a 66 gallon give or take main tank, with a 15 odd gallon sump...sounds more impressive in litres.

Back