rock types!

CurtisL

Reefing newb
ok so im getting close to wanting to start setting my tank up, i live very close to tampa bay saltwater so will be picking my rock up from them... im leaning towards a 55 or 70 gallon ( drilled of course )... the question i have is if i do like 75% of my rock dry rock and the 25% remaning live rock, will everything seed and look good or what are some other suggestions on stocking my tank with rock, im just weighing the cost of the rock. maybe even do all dry rock? advice please friends!

alrightt cool, im wanting to just get the tank up and running and probably wait a bit before stocking anyways. while the rock is seeding will i need to be running lights/ skimmer? water changes and so on?

+1 Hiker

I know I am doing 20 lbs of base rock and only one or two pieces of live. I'm guessing max of 10 lbs of live. But then again I am willing to wait for them to become live.

I was thinking of going with the Bali Alor rock, but my local LFS has some really nice live rock (no specific type) and some extraordinarily Tonga Branch rock. I'll be hopefully picking those up this weekend.

Back