RODI Breaking

How could I put the RO unit outside without the unit freezing and breaking? I also wonder how people make RO water in the winter on the eastern side of the US :D

Plus there will be no way I'm putting it inside

There are a million ways to do it. I have a well, so I tapped into the pipe that runs from the well to my water diaphram, and installed an inline gate valve, and attached my RODI to that. It comes before our water softener. This way, I can just turn it on when I need it, and it's out of the way. Then I just pump it upstairs when I need some.

How could I put the RO unit outside without the unit freezing and breaking? I also wonder how people make RO water in the winter on the eastern side of the US :D

Plus there will be no way I'm putting it inside

You build an insulated box with a heater in it. It needs to be large enough to contain your RO unit and container for both the RO and waste water. You aren't going to want the waste water just spilling on the ground and creating an slipping hazard.

Since this isn't practical, you install it inside like every one else that lives in an area that freezes in the winter.

Mine is currently plugged into the some outlet that my washer is connected to and there is already a drain where the water leaves the washer without any issues. No drilling required for me and it lives in the laundry room and I just pull out the 1/4" hose when I need to run/make water.

There is no logical way for me to plumb it after my water softener, as I have a well and the pressure is weird. For the price of a booster pump I could just buy a couple more membranes.

Up north and eastern sea board? Do you have a basement? if so perfect.

If not... you can put it on the wall in a closet that is next to a sink or toilet... ??

Perfect!

Just wondering ...how far is that from your aquarium?

Well I don't have a aquarium now because I broke down the old one.

But it is placed upstairs drained out. I was thinking when I do water change I could just run downstairs and get a couple of gallon of water

Hey guys I need help :/ for some type of thing I can't install this thing :/ it won't fit with any of my sinks in my house

8164920084_e3a7cb5ace.jpg

8164920582_db059606a9.jpg

8164921166_cbe60f685d.jpg

8164885307_491071aab0.jpg

P.S Shots were taken from Phone micro lens ^^

Back