RODI choices

leon1972

Reefing newb
Hey guys. I am having a serious diatom infestation. I was I formed that it was probably caused by me using tap water and the silicates in it. I have two units I'm looking At right now. One is a 160 dollar RODI unit and the other is a 75 dollar or unit. What I'm wondering is what exactly does the deionizer remove? I'm trying to figure out If the ionizer is justified by the extra cost? Here are the two units I'm looking at.

75 GPD RO/DI 5 Stage Standard System - English

The Enterprise ? Economy Space Saver RO System - English

They also have a build it yourself system that seems it would be a few dollars cheaper but I don't know what filters I should use. If anyone had any input that knows more about RODI I would be grateful

I have the BRS 5 Stage PLUS (75gpd) and I have no issues with it. The BRS kits come with every single fitting imaginable so you have a choice of hooking it up any way you like without having to buy extra fittings.

The Enterprise that you have listed is straight RO water, no DI. You can run that as well if you are looking at money as a factor. I did top offs with only RO for many years before I bought my own system.

This is the one I am looking at right now. Found one used for 50 bucks so I was thinking I would test the impurities in it and see where I need to go from there. I think for now anything less than .1 will be acceptable for me. What is the standard acceptable level for coral water and what exactly does the di do?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-Coralife-76000-Pure-Flo-24-Gallon/dp/B000BJM9F4]Amazon.com: Aqueon Coralife 76000 Pure-Flo II 24-Gallon Per Day 3 Stage System: Pet Supplies[/ame]

Back